Quintessential regulators...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
Maybe Phil Ellis will sell me his left overs. :D

Fortunately for me, I don't have any "leftovers"....but.........

Wait until after DEMA. Maybe I will "permanently loan" you a couple of the fancy new products Chris speaks of........you never know!

Phil Ellis

Having dove the Apeks XTX 100 and ATX 200...I think the XTX series has improved over the ATX. I had a few gripes with the 200 such as hose routing, bubble interference, odd sized primary hose. All of those problems are non existent on my 100. I dove a Legend for about a year and I liked it just as much as my 100. Sometimes I wonder why I switched because I had absolutely no complaints with the Legend.

The Atomic and Scubapro have better hose routing options but I like the dry sealed first stages better than the christo lube sealed M1 or non sealed MK25.

My wife dives a Delta 4 and I have used it on more than a few dives. Other than bubble interference I gotta say I think it is right up there with my Apeks.

Good Luck with your search,

Gillty

And the uber expensive parts, and the hard to find service, etc. etc..
Urban Legends.
Trelleborg Viking took over the distributorship for Poseidon & fixed all that, thank goodness.
Your local service center is no further than your closest mailbox. :wink:

Whatever. My shop is a Poseiden dealer. Even at shop rate, it's cheaper to buy a new Argon reg every year.

I'd take a good look at the Mares regulators. I've had threeTitanium Abyss regs for about four years now. Last year when I rebuilt them I put ruby seats in them ('cause I had the seats kicking around) and they work great. I've got a brandy-new Micra in the box if you want it.

I am probably getting this to you as old news, but Apeks is Aqualung, I have the micras on a yoke for travelling, Carribean, Florida etc, I havethe Apeks ATX 200 w/ an ATX 50 octo din mountfor the Northeast.

Check out the new Apeks XTX line, smaller, cooler looking, and still overpriced. You get what you pay for. They are awesome regs though.

uncaged

I looked into regs for quite a while before purchasing a set of oceanic fdx10/delta 4 regs. My main reasons were ease of service when I'm travelling and user features. They can be converted to din if you need to. I dove the legends and titans but it seemed to breath the same. The environmentally sealed first stage is a must for my cold water excursions.

I realize most tech guys are really into the apeks and such but I'm going to buy another delta4/fdx10 for my tech setup. I've had mine to 130 ffw at 40*f with no problems. They are easy breathers and are adjustable in case you are doing gas switching and don't want a freeflow. If anyone has had a different experience please speak up, I want to know!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom