Racha-Yai vs pattaya dive site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MoonWrasse:
I don't think that's a ghost pipefish. I've seen a few at Lucy's reef , however I can't recall what kind of pipefish it is.

It's a long snout pipe fish.
Ornate ghost pipe fishes do NOT sit on the bottom; they hang out close to gorgonians, crinoids, urchins and soft corals. Pipe fishes and sea horses are animals that like to have a buddy so if you find one look carefully around and you may spot another one nearby.

You will have to excuse the question, but is this the wreck just off bay 1 of Racha Yai?
If it is, then I am all tingley, as I was around when Fantasea Divers sank it.
I had a photograph of the head honcho standing on the bridge in full dive gear, as the boat sank ... it was soo funny.

Not sure which is bay 1 of Racha Yai. This small wreck is called Marla's Mystery listed as site no. 6 in this map below from asiadivesite.

kohrachamap.gif

Most dive companies usually go the east coast of Racha Yai during the low-season, which seems to be a lot more fun than Bungalow Bay.

Agree Traminer. The east coast is much nicer. More coral, better visibility, several areas of reef to choose from so its not so crowded. A pity it can be hard to dive there in the high season due to the east winds. Might be OK for certified divers, but most of the boats going to Racha Yai are taking beginners/students and you really don't want to be on a rocking boat if you can avoid it, so they tend to dive at Bungalow Bay or Siam Bay in the high season if the wind is blowing.

Belushi:
You will have to excuse the question, but is this the wreck just off bay 1 of Racha Yai?
If it is, then I am all tingley, as I was around when Fantasea Divers sank it.
I had a photograph of the head honcho standing on the bridge in full dive gear, as the boat sank ... it was soo funny.

You mean "The Andaman Explorer"? The small concrete hull sailboat Fantasea Divers sank at HomeRun Reef? Then you also must remember Pauli, Mick, Rob, Jeroen (owner FD), Lucy, Nigel, Hans and all the other FD crew?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom