Rain Statistics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are the local weather forecasters making any predictions as to when all this rain is going to let up? I guess the beaches are still closed, too huh?

I feel bad for you folks, that has got to suck big time.

last year, the signs that the beaches were close were up - Big bright signs and flags, couldn't miss it...and the Russian and Japanese tour guides took the people into the water. They followed like lemmings - right past the signs....bet they were thinking "how lucky we are that this beautiful beach is deserted....There was even a TV reporter there and I asked him if nothing can be done about it...basically he said we are powerless... :frown:

We finally got rain on Maui! After Oahu and Kauai have gotten 3 weeks of rain it finally came to Maui today. Been raining continuously since the middle of last night. I was planning on going diving with 2 buddies but they decided that diving in mud wasn't "fun" ... who said anything about fun? I just wanted to do a weight check in a new exposure suit before a boat dive tomorrow :wink: Anyone know how much weight you usually add going from a 3mil to a 5/4/3 suit might be? :D figure I'll put 4lbs on and call it safe.

The rain has been quite pleasant however - I have a tin roof and love the sound of rain on it ...

Aloha, Tim

4#'s more sound about right to me. I have a 3 mm and a 5mm and I need 2 more when I wear the 5mm.

kidspot:
We finally got rain on Maui! After Oahu and Kauai have gotten 3 weeks of rain it finally came to Maui today. Been raining continuously since the middle of last night. I was planning on going diving with 2 buddies but they decided that diving in mud wasn't "fun" ... who said anything about fun? I just wanted to do a weight check in a new exposure suit before a boat dive tomorrow :wink: Anyone know how much weight you usually add going from a 3mil to a 5/4/3 suit might be? :D figure I'll put 4lbs on and call it safe.

The rain has been quite pleasant however - I have a tin roof and love the sound of rain on it ...

Aloha, Tim
Are you getting cold in your 3mm? You must be getting old. j/k :D

yup ... that's why I switched to the drysuit, but I didn't want to wear a drysuit for this class (starting my DM) so I opted for a 5 mil instead. will probably still be a little chilly in it, but I figured I would need a bit more flexibility than I get in my DS.

Aloha, Tim

jhspb:
How much longer is the rain forecasted?
accuweather.com looks pretty dismal for the next 2 weeks at Kihei, Maui as does weather.com.
Are these forecasts credible?

Joe

It's flat out gougeous in Kona today, and the websites said nothing but rain for the week a couple days ago. I never trust the online sources as they generally aren't location specific, and so often in Hawaii it all depends on which side of the mountain you are on.

Maui was beautiful today - Diving in Molokini crater we had 150+ft vis. and the beaches on the way back all looked nice and blue ... seems to have cleared up fast.

Catherine - thanks, 4# was just barely enough... I actually may add 1 or 2 more as I felt a little light, especially when I was trying to hold a student down - got to assist with my first BOW class today, that was FUN!

Aloha, Tim

BOW? It was nice out until around #:30...then we got some rain = humid...but still better than pouring rain...

Back
Top Bottom