Raja Ampat tides

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajunky17

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all
Does anyone know of an accurate tide app or website for RA please?
Also any good info on what tides to dive each site?

Hi all
Does anyone know of an accurate tide app or website for RA please?
Also any good info on what tides to dive each site?
Do not expect to find a correlation between the tides and the currents.

Really?
Any info on when to dive each site then?
Please

QUOTE="Indah, post: 10037983, member: 6955"]
Do not expect to find a correlation between the tides and the currents.
[/QUOTE]

A little but also just would like confirmation, actually I just been told pirates hit R4 hard during covid.
It looks that way too.

A little but also just would like confirmation, actually I just been told pirates hit R4 hard during covid.
It looks that way too.

I was in the R4 earlier this summer - didn't notice anything like this. What specifically are you saying is either changed of missing?

Did you think it was as spectacular as you have seen it before, I was here last time six years ago and it was much more action and fish.

Did you think it was as spectacular as you have seen it before, I was here last time six years ago and it was much more action and fish.

It was great for us... enjoyed it. Several spots with large schools of fish, mantas as expected, etc. Both Sardines and Cape Kri were outstanding (both best done on reef hooks), ans well as numerous reef sharks (although that's not what we came for...). It was as we remembered it...

Are you suggesting "pirates" illegally fished during Covid? I don't think that was pirates. that would have been the local villages carrying out subsistance fishing (w/no tourism happening). Should be expected, right?

The area was never an "action" location for us (not like Komodo). What are you not seeing that you expected?

It's also their monsoon season at the moment...

How many times have you been?
I hope you are correct.
I'm not suggesting anything, the locals have told me what has happened, sites not close to islands got hit at night time by "pirates" selling the fish on.
The extent of this damage is perhaps debatable, I hope you are right in your observations, time will soon tell.
This is my third time here in the same month so I have a comparison.

I'm not suggesting anything, the locals have told me what has happened, sites not close to islands got hit at night time by "pirates" selling the fish on.
This is news to me. I've been to Raja Ampat 9 times since 2010. Have never heard such thing happened until now.

There were real pirates operated in Cendrawasih Bay trying to get to our boat back in 2015. The cruise director had to throw a bundle of money in a bag to them to keep them away. Luckily they sailed away after getting the ransom money.

Back
Top Bottom