Ratio IX3M 2 protection screen protector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChangeAgent

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anybody know if there is a screen protector to protect the glass of the IX3M 2?

Thanks.

Maybe something like the attached could suit you. I'm sure it can easily be adapted to fit the iteration if there is any difference.

Attachments

• Ratio iX3M Cover.zip
    607 KB · Views: 17
I cut screen protectors from mobile phones to shape and use them. They work as a charm, if you are careful enough not to get any dust trapped underneath.

I cut screen protectors from mobile phones to shape and use them. They work as a charm, if you are careful enough not to get any dust trapped underneath.
and they hold in the Water? I assume they do, or? How long do they last? Come of easily if they are scratched?

Maybe something like the attached could suit you. I'm sure it can easily be adapted to fit the iteration if there is any difference.
Thanks. I can not open the file.

Are they easy to cut per proper dimensions for computer?

Thanks. I can not open the file.

I just tried again, it is a standard .zip file.

Inside are two folders, each contains data pertaining to one type of protector for a 3D printer. These files you can open in the program of your choosing or a web-based 3D program.

I just tried again, it is a standard .zip file.

Inside are two folders, each contains data pertaining to one type of protector for a 3D printer. These files you can open in the program of your choosing or a web-based 3D program.
Aha, thanks.

Are they easy to cut per proper dimensions for computer?

and they hold in the Water? I assume they do, or? How long do they last? Come of easily if they are scratched?

I'm using the thin ones that are like a film - not the thicker "glass" type.
Something like this (picked randomly):
Somehow Scubaboard doesn't allow me to post an Amazon link. Search for "Film Cell Phone Screen Protectors" and you will get an idea.

They are cheaper (few $/euro) and usually come in a packet of 3 for this price.
They are very easy to cut to shape with a pair of scissors . And they come with instructions how to use them.
Cleaning the screen is the difficult part because any dust speckle leaves a kind of obvious bubble (which btw can be greatly reduced by pinching a hole to the protector with a needle or something and squeezing the trapped air out). In any way, they are so cheap that even if you mess with them you just replace them.

I have been using them for hundreds of dives in total among 3 dive computers without the slightest issues. They do get scratched now and then, but underwater the scratches can't be seen at all. If the scratches disturb you (eg topside) you can just peal the screen protector off and replace them. But I've never bothered doing this so far.

I'm using the thin ones that are like a film - not the thicker "glass" type.
Something like this (picked randomly):
Somehow Scubaboard doesn't allow me to post an Amazon link. Search for "Film Cell Phone Screen Protectors" and you will get an idea.

They are cheaper (few $/euro) and usually come in a packet of 3 for this price.
They are very easy to cut to shape with a pair of scissors . And they come with instructions how to use them.
Cleaning the screen is the difficult part because any dust speckle leaves a kind of obvious bubble (which btw can be greatly reduced by pinching a hole to the protector with a needle or something and squeezing the trapped air out). In any way, they are so cheap that even if you mess with them you just replace them.

I have been using them for hundreds of dives in total among 3 dive computers without the slightest issues. They do get scratched now and then, but underwater the scratches can't be seen at all. If the scratches disturb you (eg topside) you can just peal the screen protector off and replace them. But I've never bothered doing this so far.
Thanks stepfen. I love folk that are creative. Thanks for this info, seems a good solution. I am sure the search engine will find it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom