Ratio IX3M 2 protection screen protector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi stepfen. Could you post a picture as I get nothing with the search-engine that I think is what you talk about.

Somehow Scubaboard doesn't allow me to post an Amazon link.

You need to use the "link" option not just a copy &paste:

Screenshot_20240412_153140_Firefox.jpg

You need to use the "link" option not just a copy &paste:

View attachment 836370
I did try the this in the morning, but it wouldn't work.
Here is an image of what I am talking about:
1712947900620.jpeg

It's just a random one I fount - doesn't have to be this particular one. Just make sure the screen of the corresponding mobile phone is bigger that the DC screen (most mobile phones if not all should be biger than DC nowadays). Here is a link with more: Screen Protectors (This time it seems to work)

Here in Greece there are numerous shops all over the place that sell mobile accessories and they sell these too. Usually these shops also attach it to the phone on the spot if you buy it from them. Maybe if you bring along your DC to a shop like this and ask nicely / tip a bit they can cut it and install it directly on the DC. It doesn't take more that a minute if you know what you are doing.

Here is my iX3M2 after about a year of use (~65 dives):
1712948661928.jpeg

If you look carefully at the edges/corners you can see the film screen protector as I haven't align it perfectly.

All the scratches are on the film, and underwater they are invisible (at least to my non-OCD eyes) .

Thanks Stepfen, helps a lot.

Thanks I did that search too and only get glas ones. no film.
They are actually mixed in the results and indeed a bit confusing. Usually it is mentioned on the box/description which type it is. Film ones are cheaper - max 10-15$ or so - while "glass" ones are usually from $10 upwards. Also usually film ones include 3 pieces in the box because they are considered consumable. Glass ones are more permanent hence they are sold only one piece in the box.

This is what I have done with scratches on my ix3m and ix3m2. its the same process of removing scratches from acrylic dome ports. Use sandpaper grits like 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 4000. You can also try using automotive rubbing compound to remove scratches.

Now after the screen looks all nice and pretty again, I applied a Clear Bra Material that is applied to protect paint from chips etc.... It is available at automotive paint protection film places. Same place you get your vinyl wrap on your Ferrari or Lambourghini or maybe VW Jetta! Its a clear protective vinyl. You can buy a 12 inch square of it for about $15? Easy to cut with scissors or exacto knife. Spray a water solution on computer face and apply the vinyl. Squeege it out and your done. I dive mine everyday here in Cozumel and its holding up good. I bought the film on ebay
clearbra

Here are the exact screen protector dimensions for the iX3M GPS I received from Ratio a while ago (not the iX3M 2):

Attachments

• screen_protector_iX3M.pdf
    246 KB · Views: 13
Here are links for screen protectors I investigated a while ago that may be of value. I haven't tested them myself yet.

I am not sure of how they would hold in water. The good news is that they offer free samples.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom