Really Bad Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt.Rich:
But, I dont believe that any manufacturer could manufacture and sell a life sustaining device that doesnt work well.:wink:

Oh, they do can, but let them try :wink: :))

for what it's worth, our department dive team use sherwood bruts. never had any issues with them. i use a sherwood on my personal rig, i don't really notice the breathability issue. Of course after wearing a promask everything else is good.
just my 2 cf of air.

My Sherwwood Magnum 2 has always been a good regulator. Zero problems so far and I have been told that they are also bullet-proof in design. Has worked great on cold water dives (37 deg so far). The second stage breathing resistance can be adjusted also (by a tech).

for what it's worth, our department dive team use sherwood bruts. never had any issues with them. i use a sherwood on my personal rig, i don't really notice the breathability issue. Of course after wearing a promask everything else is good.
just my 2 cf of air.

I used a Brut on my first couple of dives. Definitely have to pull harder to get some air out. But on the other hand, if you need to hammer a nail in, you can use the Brut and then go dive with it! :D Definitely one of the more bulletproof regs you can get.

scubapro atomics apeks aqualung are all good oceanic o
is decent... I would stay away from Mares and Sherwood (Im sure I will get flames) it I just don't like their designs. Diverite sells nice regs pretty cheap also

flamethrower.jpg

I have a Sherwood Blizzard and I love it! Consider yourself flamed....

My Sherwwood Magnum 2 has always been a good regulator. Zero problems so far and I have been told that they are also bullet-proof in design. Has worked great on cold water dives (37 deg so far). The second stage breathing resistance can be adjusted also (by a tech).

Or by yourself if you have the right tool :D

just my 2 cf of air.

A promask?

I have done about 50 dives on a Aqualing Titan (entry-level reg) which I had no problems with, unless I was upside down, and that was only when I was testing the reg upside down. Didn't breathe that easily upside down.

Recently purchased a Sherwood Maximus, which I plan on using in very very cold waters, which has the awesome swivel, and the under-arm hose (the hose does not stick out the side of your head, but rather goes down, then under your arm, and then up to the 1st stage). Love this regulator - very easy to breathe from, thought I realize it's a little "wet" which means that the mouthpiece isn't working for me that well. Otherwise, how does a reg breathe "wet"? I'm going to put my Titan mouthpiece onto the Maximus, as i love the design of their mouthpiece, which has an extra piece on the top, which lines the top of your mouth, right behind your upper teeth, and keeps your reg in place, without having to bite down at all (less jaw fatigue).

The Sherwood Maximus breathes fairly easily. Its a little wet when you are inverted though. The standout brands that everyone seems to agree are good are the Zeagle and Apeks. I have never used one and am a fairly new diver, but I read the board alot.

Regards,

Rick

Back
Top Bottom