Reattaching the filler tube to the bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any idea if they are a standard size?

I'm not sure. I replaced one last year in one of my wings, if I remember correctly the hole in the bladder was about 1" to 1 1/4" across. I would measure it and give them a call.

Try posting this in the Zeagle forum and see if Scott will come along and help.

I went to their web site sent them an email and this is the response I got.

My Email:

I have a couple of questions. What diameter hole will the BC2807-16 work with? Also does that include the internal flanges and seals? Can these be attached without the tool or is it best to use the tool?
Thanks in advance,
Chris

Their Response:

I'm sorry we don't have specifications on parts. It should work fine with Dive Rite wings. The tool is not absolutely needed but is much easier with the tool. I hope this helps, Mark

Well, they are a Dive Rite dealer so their response is not entirely surprising. The thing is, that connector is fairly common throughout the industry with the exception of a few larger manufacturers (like Scubapro, Aqualung, Oceanic, and possibly others) who have designed their own connections. I don't know what Zeagle uses.

Another possibility would be to call Scubatoys who is a fairly big Zeagle dealer and talk to them. I expect they will be able to answer your questions and sell you the parts.

awap,
I did take your suggestion and posted it on the Zeagle Forum, but have not gotten a reply yet.

Awap,

What do you use for a tool to remove the connectors at the bladder. I usually just unscrew mine by hand, but I have one old connector that just will not separate at the vinyl bladder connection. The elbow comes off ok, but the flange is giving me a hard time-same thing at the op valve.

Thanks,

Couv

Back
Top Bottom