Reattaching the filler tube to the bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, but when it come to doing without the special tools....Awap is the man.

Just to add to this as I am still waiting for Zeagle and/or Dive Rite to respond. THe opening in the bladder for the air fill fitting is 1" diameter. Does that seem like a standard size? I got some info from Zeagle Express and was told that Zeagle doesn't use an internal flange, that the flange and fitting are attached to the bladder. SO any additional info is appreciated.

Helopilot2be,

If that is the case, the fitting is probably bonded to the bladder with an adhesive such as Aqua Seal. Have a close look at the opening where the fitting come out of the bladder. Is there any adhesive still attached to the bladder or perhaps on the fitting?

If it were me, I would order the flange assembly from gear express, clean out the old adhesive and install the new assembly to avoid using adhesive again. If the new fitting is larger than the old one, just make the hole larger. If the new fitting is smaller than the old one, put a patch there (see the links in my previous post) and install it in another place or after you patch it, make another hole.

Edit: Here is another thought. Call or PM Tobin (coolhardware here on SB) at DSS https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?page=home and tell him what the problem is. He sells OP valves and probably the inflator assemblies. Chances are he'll know the dimensions of each part and will know if they will fit into the hole you have in your bladder. (I don't know if I like the sound of that, but there you have it.)

Couv

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom