Rebreather computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

urs15

Registered
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has heard any good rumors about future rebreather computers that might be coming out on the market besides the VR3 and the Abysmal?

I just picked up a new Cochran Gemini with just about every feature/upgrade you can imagine.....

What a complicated computer.......

They are working on a Lifeguard model with realtime P02....

There's another one from HS Engineering
http://www.hs-eng.com
that supports integrated P02 measurement.

I don't know anything more about it than what's
on the web page. Obviously, it's only really
useable on SCR or mechanical CCR units (like
the KISS) since it's just a display, not a
controller.

RGBM version with O2 cell input is $1500USD

The name of a great rebreather computer is the HS Explorer. It is the only Computer on the market that supports RGBM and has a port that accepts an o2 monitor for the bag. Check out www.agunderwater.com or www.oxycheq.com. If you want to order one, let me know- luke

paraluke once bubbled...
The name of a great rebreather computer is the HS Explorer. It is the only Computer on the market that supports RGBM and has a port that accepts an o2 monitor for the bag. Check out www.agunderwater.com or www.oxycheq.com. If you want to order one, let me know- luke

I have the first 2 units produced.. I was essentially the test pilot.. The unit thats being shipped works extremely well.. It responds faster than the VR3 and for my eyes I can read it better.. I have the latest version of the VR3 and the new graphics mode helps alot but its still not as easily readable as he explorers..
I also hear lately there have been problems with the VR2 although I can't personally verify this. Delta P did upgrade my VR3 fairly quickly but the cost was more than I believe should have been since I had the first version of the "new" style that had some bugs..

The RGBM profiles can really save deco time on long deep dives, even in its most liberal setting it has a build in concervatism.

During the dive it displays the current PO2 to 1 decimal place, but records and uses the actual PO2 for logging and deco calculations ..

ABYSS will not be getting this version from HSE, and its future with the non integrated version is cloudy.

Any specific questions feel free to ask, I have been using the explores since their inception in one version or another.

DrySuitDave once bubbled...
I just picked up a new Cochran Gemini with just about every feature/upgrade you can imagine.....

What a complicated computer.......

They are working on a Lifeguard model with realtime P02....

isnt it great he options that are available(especially the 3 pp02 and 2 F02 mixes) plus all of the other options for memory and intelligent wrist unit.

the one thing i would like to see or talk to them about is some of the upcoming stuff they have (its nice to have them just down the road from me, and the customer service is the greatest, not many companies will loan out a fully loaded computer while yours is being worked on)

Are the Explorers reliable now. I had heard alot of bad things about them.

Mverick once bubbled...
Are the Explorers reliable now. I had heard alot of bad things about them.

see my long response in the thread on wings.. but in short yes.. look at the PIC in my profile.. I have been using one along time

padiscubapro once bubbled...

see my long response in the thread on wings..

Which thread on wings?
Here in the RB section? The BC section?

:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom