Rebreather info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halthron

Contributor
Reaction score
I've noticed a number of shops in the States will run "demo the rebreather" nights, where the attendees pay some amount and after a safety lecture, get to demo the rebreather in a pool for a short amount of time. Does any shop in the PI do something similar? I'd like to get a bit more of a practial demo with some SCC and/or CC system since I've never used one but I'm not crazy about going straight for a class when I don't know what I'm interested in.

Failing that (since this is likely to be another one of my questions where everyone goes "we don't do it that way", despite the exposure it would bring) are there any shops in the Manila area that have rebreather experience?

I am planning on doing this once I get back to Thailand since we have so much interest in rebreathers. We just got 5 students who did a TRY CAVERN course just to introduce them to cave and overhead diving. I travel alot from Manila to Bangkok and I could speak to my friend here in Manila if it would be possible to do something like this. Rebreathers are great to use.

andibk

andibk:
I am planning on doing this once I get back to Thailand since we have so much interest in rebreathers. We just got 5 students who did a TRY CAVERN course just to introduce them to cave and overhead diving. I travel alot from Manila to Bangkok and I could speak to my friend here in Manila if it would be possible to do something like this. Rebreathers are great to use.

andibk
There's nothing like trying something to get the interest flowing. If you get something going, be sure to post. I'd be suprised if a number of the PPD didn't show up to see what the fuss was about.

If you want rebreathers its LLBC in PG. They have KISS, MK15, Drager, Inspiration and Evolution. PG is quicker and easier to get to than Aniloa (IMHO - the less driving the better in PI :D ) - it is more expensive though and the top three (Atlantis, Asia Divers and LLBC) are much bettter set up than any that I have seen or dived with in Aniloa - expense won't be a consideration after you've blown >US5000 and upto 20000 on a rebreather.

If you want my opinion the only real rebreather is a MK15 (or better MK15.5) the others are just toys.

Graham

Halthron, Are you going to take CCR course?
If you want to know more about rebreather please go to rebreather world here the web link http://www.rebreatherworld.com/
Hope will help you
Jason

Graham, what is your professional opinion says about other?:huh:

moose_hk:
If you want my opinion the only real rebreather is a MK15 (or better MK15.5) the others are just toys.

Graham

Thanks Jason, I've been camped there for a couple of days now collecting info so I don't sound like a complete n00b when I start asking questions. Nice site, lots of info, much over my head at this time. I don't want to take a course until I know what RB I'd want. It seems that ANDI has a couple hour "intro to rebreathers" course so I dropped them an email for more info.

Graham, I was unaware the resorts had that many styles, I may have to rethink the inconvenience of going to PG. Either that or consider taking the public bus. Too bad the closest Meg guy seems to be in S'pore.

Hmm, anyone know what the import fee (not VAT) is on scuba gear?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom