rec trimix deco tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc

CCR Instructor Trainer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Can anyone here tell me what tables are used when diving rec trimix? Do you just follow air tables or has someone calculated them for the helium component.

wedivebc:
Do you just follow air tables
Air? AIR? Who uses Air? :wink:

An entirely different table would be required for every 1% variation of the blend make-up. It is likely that if you are using trimix, recreationally or as a tech gas, you will be building your own tables based on the specific blend.

You would not use air tables. The math is all wrong as soon as you leave the 21% / 79% mix.

Additionally, there are other factors to consider when breathing "blended gases", including but not limited to:
Nitrogen narcosis
Oxygen toxicity
Oxygen narcosis
Helium narcosis
Halitosis
(Ok, I just added that last one to see if anyone was paying attention)

Nomad:
You would not use air tables. The math is all wrong as soon as you leave the 21% / 79% mix.
What if you were using 21/35 ?

I use air tables for everything and just calculate EAD based on the O2 content. Thus, 21/35 is treated like air and 30/30 would be treated like 30% nitrox (actually, I tend to just treat it like 32% nitrox).

Nomad:
An entirely different table would be required for every 1% variation of the blend make-up. It is likely that if you are using trimix, recreationally or as a tech gas, you will be building your own tables based on the specific blend.

Additionally, there are other factors to consider when breathing "blended gases", including but not limited to:
Nitrogen narcosis
Oxygen toxicity
Oxygen narcosis
Helium narcosis
Halitosis
(Ok, I just added that last one to see if anyone was paying attention)

r-e-s-i-s-t. musss-t r-e-s-i-s-t......

eerrrhhhh.....arrrrrghhh

OK,... it has passed....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom