rec trimix deco tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc:
I can't tell from the pics, you know what algorithm they use?

Says the following on the site: "These tables are all based on the Varying Permeability Model B (VPM-B) algorithm."

they are published by IANTD.

I think you guys forgot what you were arguing about.

Soggy:
...and I didn't throw any sarcastic insults.

Anyhow, because helium is both faster ongassing and offgassing, unless you are breathing extremely high helium mixes or doing extremely long dives, you can more or less ignore the helium component as long as you keep your ascent nice and slow.

For a recreational dive on 21/35 (over kill, but happens when we get blown out of a deeper dive), I dive like I'm using air, but just do 1 minute stops from half maximum depth rather than a single 5 minute safety stop.

So why does anybody buy a trimix computer?

ianr33:
So why does anybody buy a trimix computer?

For the same reason recreational divers use air/nitrox computers.

I think you missed my point :wink:

If you play around with V-Planner looking at profiles down to 200 feet for 30 minutes and using around 35% He the run times on air are only 3 or 4 minutes longer. So if you are not doing anything really extreme why not use an air computer (as a backup to your tables of course!!) and use something like a DiveRite Duo rather than a VR3 and save yourself a $1000 (assuming you only use one deco gas ,are not diving CCR etc etc)

Some pp buy trimix computers, some use calculators or software others use abacus and some of us just know what the hell we do down there , ain't golf course.:smoochie:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom