Recent report from LI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

njrecoverydiver:
Thanks DEEPLOU, I just received Gary Gentiles book on the San Diego yesteday, it's loaded with information but your larger sketch will help in our planning.

Don't forget it has deteriorated since that sketch.
Also, it shows the "light" side. The "dark" side is not shown in any sketch I have ever seen. Matter of fact, it was only this past couple of weeks I ever dove the dark side.
There are many more holes worn through on dark side.
BTW: there are stll many bugs to be found.
Got this "attack" bug on Sunday.

DEEPLOU:
Got this "attack" bug on Sunday.

And you know people are not going to believe you that it came out of the water grasping that knife!!! :eyebrow:

njrecoverydiver:
What boat were you guys on? A group of us are heading to the San Diego this coming Sunday aboard the Eagles Nest, first time I am diving this wreck and am looking forward to it.
Keep your fingers crossed and throw in some prayers to the weather gods. I'll be crew on that trip, make sure to say Hi!

Adam

CaptSaaz:
Hey Lou,
I saw Jeff yesterday at the shop and I got in his AOW class since Adams was cancelled. Something I wanted to get done before winter sets in so, a good thing. He didn't say which wreck we'll dive on, he's still trying to get the class together to discuss which day to do it first.
See you later, Dan
Hi Dan,

Yeah, of all your buddies who said they wanted to take the class, you were the only one who comitted. Hope you get enough for Jeff's class, and I'm sure I'll se you at the shop.

Been diving?
Adam

AADiveRex:
Keep your fingers crossed and throw in some prayers to the weather gods. I'll be crew on that trip, make sure to say Hi!

Adam

Hey Adam,

We are all keeping out fingers crossed. Just up'd the sea report to 4-6 with 30 knot guts...at what point does Capt Howard make the call? We are coming from a couple of hours away...thanks

Tony

Hey Adam!
Yeah, Jeff had enough for a class before he saw me. He had done the classroom all ready but I came in on Wednesday and he did a classroom for me to play catch up. We're supposed to go to Secret Beach Sunday for the nav and search/recovery dives, depending on the weather. Have done a couple of shore dives and two days out at Dutch Springs with Sara from our class. Bouyancy and air consumption is improving and I dropped 4 lbs of weight. George and Nancy say "Hi!"
I'll be at the club meeting Tuesday. See you there, Dan

P.S. Of the guys that you asked about the AOW, one was laid off from his job so is lacking funds. Another blew out his knee and is getting lined up for surgery. Shjt happens I guess.

Adam

Well, its Sunday night. I snuk (poor spelling) in another trip to the San Diego yesterday on board the Sea Hawk. We tied in at the very tip of the bow. We joined the Wahoo who was there and had divers in the water before we got there. Eddie used the mooring line to drop down and tie us in at the bow.
On first dive I dropped over on the dark side. I dropped a line from the tie in as I thought my friend was going to follow it down and join me. Well he didn't. After little reconnisance on the dark side went up and over to the light side. Then went inside in the area of the dish room. Looked around didn't see too much, but got some penetration experience.
During surface interval, another friend noted he saw a bug on the dark side behind and/or under the anchor. On second dive, returned to the dish room area, moved about mainly looking for bugs. Didn't see too much again, and then noting I had some time left, I went down and around to the dark side anchor. I noted the bug lurking behind the shaft of the anchor. Between gettin under the anchor and side of ship, couldn't get close enough to get it at first. I kept poking at it. and shinning my light. Somehow it seemed to move over to the stern side of the anchor shaft as if to see what the hell is going on out there. Well that was his mistake. Dinner is over now and so is he.
The vis was about 20 maybe 25 ft, warm 66 deg.
Seemed to be blowing this morning, hope you other guys have something to report for today.

CaptSaaz:
Hey Adam!
Yeah, Jeff had enough for a class before he saw me. He had done the classroom all ready but I came in on Wednesday and he did a classroom for me to play catch up. We're supposed to go to Secret Beach Sunday for the nav and search/recovery dives, depending on the weather. Have done a couple of shore dives and two days out at Dutch Springs with Sara from our class. Bouyancy and air consumption is improving and I dropped 4 lbs of weight. George and Nancy say "Hi!"
I'll be at the club meeting Tuesday. See you there, Dan

P.S. Of the guys that you asked about the AOW, one was laid off from his job so is lacking funds. Another blew out his knee and is getting lined up for surgery. Shjt happens I guess.

How did u guys do today? I thought I heard Jeff say he was changing to OBI due to the northly winds predicted for today.
When you guys do your deep and wreck dives, I will see if I am able to join you.

Sorry, won't be at this month's meeting, flying to FL Tues AM.

Back
Top Bottom