Recomendations for dive shop in Tulum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you know how to use the sun? Point the imaginary hour hand of your digital watch at the sun; halfway between it and 12 is south, sorta. Gets tricky if the sun is high above, or unseen.

Honestly, I didn't take my compass out on any of my few drives, but it's a good idea to have one. I almost beat my bud who was driving a couple of times for not turning where I said. :mad: I never believe GPS! But you are right in that it's an easy trip from Cancun along the coast to Tulum, unless you take other drives.

Realize the rental car price will be doubled by the insurances . . . EasyWay used to include the insurance in their quoted price, but they no longer do.

The one reef dive we did, we did see stuff -- some big lobsters, a variety of reef fish. The reef we dove was right off Akumal Pueblo, and was pretty heavily clad in algae. The water was clear and warm, and there was no current, and it was a very easy dive, but not as colorful as the reefs off Cozumel.

The water temperature in the cenotes is a pretty steady 75 degrees, and the air temperature is generally 80 or more. I did my cenote tours in a 3 mil wetsuit and I was fine (and I get cold pretty easily). The dives are fairly short (45 minutes), and you get out to warm air and no wind, so it's easy to warm up between dives.

Do me a favor, if it appeals to you at all, and have a meal at the new restaurant on the main drag with the leopardskin bar stools. (I can't remember the name, but you can see the seats from the sidewalk.) It has a fascinating menu, but I couldn't talk anybody I was with into eating there. I'd love to hear a report!

I think Easyway has a nice insurance package on their website as you go thru the booking.

We will be in Tulum for 8 nights and love food so I will definitely be on the hunt for the restaurant with the leopard chairs! My first time down there. Looks like there is plenty to do between the dives, ruins, biosphere, beach, yoga, biking,etc.
I knew I wanted to be on the beach which did not narrow it down much. Looking for places less than $200 a night, with 24 hour electric and decent rooms narrowed the field. Settled on Cabanas La Luna. Next to Ana y Jose.
Thanks for the suggestions on the wetsuit, I'll bring mine..

I have been diving with MOT MOT diving in Tulum, very good shop, all new equipment very safety minded and helpful staff, also now is bullshark season so be sure to check that out also. enjoy your stay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom