Recommend a Hotel in Dahab please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would go for the Nesima for location as it is in town. I personally don't like those resorts in the middle of nowhere which - sadly - have begun to spread quite a bit north and south of Dahab.

Bloke with Hoodie and Mask:
Blue Beach do the best steaks in Dahab but thats not really diving related.

Getting there..much improved.. Nice cold beer, IMHO Nesima's fillet is hard to beat.. :wink:

Bloke with Hoodie and Mask:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/page4/.

Nice piccies, love the Barracuda shots.. The Islands ?

If you want to stay in town, Nesima's is very nice.
There are many posh hotels in the resort end (away from the hustle and bustle of town if you want) Swiss-Inn is very nice. Hilton is well a Hilton..

As far as dive operations there are many good ones TBH recently there has been a CDWS cull so the dive orgs are pretty sorted out now. Kosha dive instructors have to be signed up.

Most operations speak multiple languages, and it never hurts to swat up on some Arabic.

Last edited:
Getting there..much improved.. Nice cold beer, IMHO Nesima's fillet is hard to beat.. :wink:

Nessima's chef left and is now elsewhere in town.

[quote
Nice piccies, love the Barracuda shots.. The Islands ?[/quote]

Most likely. There were even more there yesterday but no camera. Then again, they're always there.

As far as dive operations there are many good ones TBH recently there has been a CDWS cull so the dive orgs are pretty sorted out now. Kosha dive instructors have to be signed up.

Not really, out of the 60 or so dive centres only 5 i know of have done work permits for staff. And without those you cant get a CDWS. Some more decent centres have been closed by them (including a freedive centre because it didnt have enough tanks to be a dive centre!) so the lunacy is still ongoing.

There was an extension, then another extension. That has now expired but nobody seems to be doing anything as they fully expect another one shortly.

I love Hilton there.

Nessima's chef left and is now elsewhere in town.

When was that ? Damn - Oh well I'll give them a shot and see anyway..

Most likely. There were even more there yesterday but no camera. Then again, they're always there.

They sure are, I love hovering with them swirling around you. Fantastic.

There was an extension, then another extension. That has now expired but nobody seems to be doing anything as they fully expect another one shortly.

That sounds like Egypt..:shakehead:

One of the dive shops i talked to said Nessima was booked up for June when I plan on going. I'll have to try again when the time comes. It did look nice on the web.

One of the dive shops i talked to said Nessima was booked up for June when I plan on going. I'll have to try again when the time comes. It did look nice on the web.

I spoke to them the other day, they have a big party booked in early June I believe.. Easiest it to give them a call..

I don't know, looking at the pictures of Coral Coast Hotel, it looks a bit more homie, more comfortable and easy going. Not that a nice place can't be relaxing but I'm fine with a place that is just clean and simple, as long as the A/C, hot water is clean and running.

Coral Coast looks like it has a few nice bars/lounges to hang out at too compared to the rest of the hotels i looked at.

Coral coast like most hotels there has an "inside" bar and some bedouin seating "lounging" areas on the beach side.
It's comfortable but just about everyone has them.

Back
Top Bottom