Recommend a Hotel in Dahab please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know, looking at the pictures of Coral Coast Hotel, it looks a bit more homie, more comfortable and easy going. Not that a nice place can't be relaxing but I'm fine with a place that is just clean and simple, as long as the A/C, hot water is clean and running.

Coral Coast looks like it has a few nice bars/lounges to hang out at too compared to the rest of the hotels i looked at.

That's right.Also,the very good thing with CC is that it's quiet,it's not on the most crowded stretch of the promenade,still,it's a very short walk from the "action"(if you really want some).

I also live in dahab and agree with alot of the comments made here, but would really recommend Alaska Hotel. Small friendly and been re-built very recently (think the websote is dahabescape.com). It's pretty much in the middle of town and near almost all of the good dive centres.

Take a walk up and down the bay on your first day, and speak to the dive centres. Sea Dancer, Poseidon, Sinai Divers Backpackers, all less than 5 mins walk from hotel and see which one you prefer! Also, check out tripadvisor for other people's opinions.

Relaxing for the day in the bay on a sunlounger at one of the numerous restaurants by the Lighthouse watching the world go by can be a great way to spend the day and watching all the goings on in and out of the water. Much better than sitting by a pool in the resort imho.

I'm sure you'll have a great holiday!!

and watching all the goings on in and out of the water.

Ehe,at Lighthouse just a week ago I saw a Russian instructor,water up his chest, all geared up,tank,hood,gloves,the works,giving a lesson......smoking a cigarette!:rofl3:
I'm not picking on Russians,it's just that the guy happened to be Russian...well, who else...:D

The Russians also have the highest % fatalities in Egypt!

that's part of the fun of sitting at lighthouse and watching the goings on though! Wasnt the Beast was it? (the one with huge beard and shaved head)

that's part of the fun of sitting at lighthouse and watching the goings on though! Wasnt the Beast was it? (the one with huge beard and shaved head)

Mmmh,I don't think he had a beard and he was wearing a hood so I couldn't see if he was shaveheaded(but hey,all the Russians are shaveheaded aren't they?)He was certainly a huge guy anyway:D

LOL!! some funny S*&t! Not picking n Russians myself, they got hot women, but I was in the Maldives last September with 2 other couples and my girl friend. Great time, and we did a snorkle trip since the girls in our group didn't dive. anyway, there was a Russian family, at least i think, could have been from some other area near by but the grand dad or the oldest of the group was a damn jerk. The boat captain even briefed everyone to stay off the reefs so not to damage the coral. This ****ing jerk was standing on the reef trying to clear out his mask. I yelled at him in front of his entire family to get himself off the reef and go out to the deep are as was briefed.

Not only that, everytime I tried to take a photo of a coral head, fish, turtle, the entire damn family would swarm around me, scare off the fish. Man, there allways has to be one group of clowns around on a tour.

Back
Top Bottom