Recommendations for honeymoon liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moved to Cruises...Liveaboards.

The Kona Aggressor is one I can personally recommend and it's close to you. Plus before or after the charter (7 days) you can tool around the Big Island. Take my word as a person who's lived here over 10 years, the Big Island is the best and most different island to visit....the volcano national park, tool up to the summit on Mauna Kea (don't miss that, seriously), the tide pools/warm pools in Puna, the black sand beaches, the green sand beach at south point....and so much more!

Since you live in California, Air Pacific is offering some pretty decent rates to Fiji, and you might want to check out the Peter Hughes Island Dancer - I've not done it but it looks like with a smaller group (only 10 guests on board) it would rock as a honeymoon liveaboard...plus in November the water is a little bit warmer down in Fiji - which is always a huge selling point for me.

Congrats to both of you on the engagement, I'd love to hear where you end up going and why you chose it.

Aloha!

I would recommend you look into Wakatobi Dive Resort in Indonesia. They have a liveaboard ... the Pelagian that I spent a week on in 2008. It would be perfect for a honeymoon ... especially if you can book the master suite. But to be honest, almost any cabin on that boat would be enough to spoil you.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Great idea but not even close to meeting their budget.

The Kona Aggressor is one I can personally recommend and it's close to you. Plus before or after the charter (7 days) you can tool around the Big Island. Take my word as a person who's lived here over 10 years, the Big Island is the best and most different island to visit....the volcano national park, tool up to the summit on Mauna Kea (don't miss that, seriously), the tide pools/warm pools in Puna, the black sand beaches, the green sand beach at south point....and so much more!

Since you live in California, Air Pacific is offering some pretty decent rates to Fiji, and you might want to check out the Peter Hughes Island Dancer - I've not done it but it looks like with a smaller group (only 10 guests on board) it would rock as a honeymoon liveaboard...plus in November the water is a little bit warmer down in Fiji - which is always a huge selling point for me.

Congrats to both of you on the engagement, I'd love to hear where you end up going and why you chose it.

Aloha!

That is a great boat! Big rooms and they have the Captain's Suite that is tops!
806__MG_0221_Group_Shot_on_Bow_FAIII_Fiji_07.jpg

On the Bow! The boat is very roomy and well appointed! Easy to dive from as well!

Beqa Lagoon Resort is very romantic! Home of the Fire Walkers!
820__MG_0017_Beqa_Lagoon_Resort_Fiji_07.jpg

The Explorer Ventures does a trip to Saba/St. Kitts where I think they have an opportunity to go ashore at some of the islands, but that is based on how many people who want to participate. I think someone here on SB did a trip report last year and loved the trip, but they never did get on any of the land tours as most people didn't want to miss dives.

I'm not sure what time frame the guest traveled with us so can't check the trip report, but we schedule the land tours every week in a way that doesn't affect the dive schedule for those who want to. Often we'll just have a few people on the tour, and rest of the guests out diving, or vice versa. It doesn't matter how many want to do the tours on Saba, Statia or St. Kitts. Rarely, we can't offer a tour due to weather conditions (too rough to safely get guests ashore in Saba, sometimes) but that doesn't happen often.

- Clay

I'm not sure what time frame the guest traveled with us so can't check the trip report, but we schedule the land tours every week in a way that doesn't affect the dive schedule for those who want to. Often we'll just have a few people on the tour, and rest of the guests out diving, or vice versa. It doesn't matter how many want to do the tours on Saba, Statia or St. Kitts. Rarely, we can't offer a tour due to weather conditions (too rough to safely get guests ashore in Saba, sometimes) but that doesn't happen often.

- Clay

I need to dive your boat in the near future! Have always had great experiences on them and I think one of the crew from your Bahama boat is on board Saba boat? Our group of master diesel mechanics fixed your Bahama boat before you sold it! Still a great trip! It was the repositioning trip from Grand Bahama! www.twotankedproductions.com/travelandtripinformation/exploreri.html

Um, I can testify that Kona Agressor is great honeymooners live aboards. Here's a nice couple on our August trip.

Attachments

• kids.jpg
    kids.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 33
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom