Recommendations for honeymoon liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW the Aquacat docks in a marina that's adjacent to the Atlantis resort on Nassau - walking distance. If wouldn't be bad at all to hop from one to the other, though it might be pushing your costs above your threshold.

I need to dive your boat in the near future! Have always had great experiences on them and I think one of the crew from your Bahama boat is on board Saba boat? Our group of master diesel mechanics fixed your Bahama boat before you sold it! Still a great trip! It was the repositioning trip from Grand Bahama! www.twotankedproductions.com/travelandtripinformation/exploreri.html

I remember that well! End of the trip, coming into the dock and went dead in the water just outside. How embarrassing.

If I remember right, it turned out to be low battery voltage that shut down the electronic engine controls for the Cats? I know it was a simple issue, once found and fixed. Your help was HUGELY appreciated!

Both Caribbean Explorer II and Turks & Caicos Explorer II have Detroit 12V71's - if we have a problem with them, at least we know it's not electronic -

We'll look forward to seeing you on board again!

- Clay

Good trip for sure! Who has come over to the Saba boat?

806__MG_9565_Oct_10th_2008_Explorer_I_group.jpg

Rachel and Claire moved over to Caribbean Explorer II - Rachel's in St. Maarten and actually just got off that boat a couple of weeks ago, though she still helps out on board when she's able, while Claire left last year. Lowel and Kory ended up on the Cayman Aggressor. Susan and Josh moved on from the liveaboard dive biz, I believe.

Thought you'd enjoy this clip from the trip report: events like this stick in my mind!

"Thank the good Lord above for the creation of Matthew and Roy for if it was not for their presence onboard last week we would not have made it to Emerald Bay Marina. Their expertise and knowledge saved our sea-going ass and allowed us to transport the passengers the remaining hundred yards (after 250+ miles!) back to terra firma."

- Clay

Back
Top Bottom