Recommendations on a Caribbean diving holiday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apchard

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ahoy all,

I'm interested in taking my family of four to the Caribbean for a diving vacation next Christmas. Except for myself, no one else in my family dives, but they would be interested in becoming certified, or at least doing some snorkelling. Anyone have any suitable recommendations for destinations/resorts?

Thanks!

Club Med on San Salvador Island, Bahamas.
Pricey at that time of the year but the best all inclusive dive destination.
They even have their own hyperbaric chamber.

Ahoy all,

I'm interested in taking my family of four to the Caribbean for a diving vacation next Christmas. Except for myself, no one else in my family dives, but they would be interested in becoming certified, or at least doing some snorkelling. Anyone have any suitable recommendations for destinations/resorts?

Thanks!

If you are going over Christmas holidays anywhere in Caribbean, you need to make reservations now. Most places fill up very quickly for holidays, especially that one! Prices are much higher then too for that reason.

Weather can be iffy in the Caribbean in winter with "el norte" winds blowing out the diving sometimes for a day, other times for a week or more. The farther south you go the less likely this will happen.

I would check out Bonaire and Curacao, maybe Roatan. Look at a couple of the Dive Travel websites to get an idea on prices and what you are looking for. They can help you get the reservations now, too, including airfare. I wouldn't wait too long before making your decision.
Bay Adventures :: Dive Adventures and Island Vacations :: 888.599.3483
Caradonna Dive Adventures - Dive Travel and Vacations
Welcome to the Buddy Dive Resort website
Info Bonaire - The Bonaire Information Site - The Most Current and Up-To-Date Information
http://www.fantasyislandresort.com/

robin:D

I would recommend Grand Cayman and staying at the Ritz or Westin.
We loved Cayman 3 years ago, has been best vacation, and diving is awesome.
The cost was more than most places, everything seems more expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom