Recommended Dive Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Intermission

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi my wife and I will be stopping in Cozumel for one day on our cruise and want to do a couple dives. Neither of us have dove Cozumel and was wondering which dive operator to use. We really don't want to use the dive shop associated with the cruise since it likely will be a cattle call type. We are experienced divers and prefer smaller groups.

Thanks

:drunks:

Hi, we just got back from Coz yesterday and used these guys. It was just my gf and I for all 3 days. Awesome time...

Call the USA VOIP # and ask for Tony or Suzanne.
Hope this helps.
Karlo

Emerald Dolphin Dive Services

P.O. Box # 394, Calle 19 Sur X 25 ave y 25 bis # 480

Col Andrés Quintana roo.
Cozumel, Q.Roo. 77600

(987) 872 32 70 home, (987) 869 27 21 Fax, (987) 107 3630 Cell Local,

US Internet Vonage phone (207) 512 2482,

Emerald Dolphin Dive Services Diving Cozumel

eddscozumel@prodigy.net.mx / diving@emerald-dolphin.com

I have had nothing but great experiences with Scuba Tony. The max number of divers we ever had on the boat was four. He has a small but fast boat which can only accomidate 6 divers. You typically negotiate the time you want to meet up at Caletta Harbor(about a $5 cab ride from the cruise ship harbor). Surface intervals are at beach clubs. He may be a couple $$ more than other dive ops but well worth it to receive such a personalized and professional experince.

Welcome to Scuba Tony in Cozumel Mexico, Scuba Instrution, Private Dive Trips, Hotel reservations and more.

My wife and I loved Dive with Alison. Search that on Google. She's good, friendly, small boat. We were only with one other couple each day we dove. Will get you from where ever you are. Fair price, better in cash, and rental was cheap too.

I will second "Scuba with Alison" I did exactly what you are doing with a 1 day cruise ship stop and just took a short cab ride to the Caleta Marina and had a great two tank boat dive. Small fast boat with small groups of divers, very safe and fun to be with!

Gaffer

WWW.bottomtimedivers.net If your ship docks in the morning the day you want to dive Raul may be a good fit. He usually leaves the Caletta around 8-815 which is 15-30 min. later than most. Gives you more time to get there. Small fast 6-pack boat, dive your computer and air, really great guy.

Alison and Tony are good also. They are my backups as well as others.

I will be in Cozumel in 10 days via a cruise ship, and am scheduled to dive with Aldora. My reason are (1) since they have many boats they say they will guarantee having a boat ready to go for me (with others, I assume) and (2) they provide steel 120 tanks-I am an air hog (code word for overweight). I have never been to Cozumel, nor gone scuba diving from a cruise ship, so I can't give you any suggestions from any previous experiences.

i have visited cozumel several times since 2002 and have used several ops and can honestly say i have had a good experience with all i've used.
i have used scubatony the last 2 visits this year and he will be my primary dive op from now on.
small, personable, professional, never more than myself and 2 other divers on small, fast boat. met at caleta south of town on your own schedule you setup with tony or his dive master eric and boat captain. pick your dive sites you want to dive. snack, sodas, fruit and water on board, plus surface interval on the beaches.
all around great op!

scubatony.com

Don't wait too long. I thought booking about 6 weeks in advanced would be enough and I had to go through several companies before I found one that had room. We are also going a busy week so that may be a reason as well. We did book with Aldora and I found them to be great at answering all my questions and am looking forward to diving with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom