Recompression Chamber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas750

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am doing my emergecy plan for my DM does any one know where the closest Recompression Chamber is to Austin? I am doing it for lake Travis. Thanks for the help.

St. David's Hospital in Austin.

atlas750:
I am doing my emergecy plan for my DM does any one know where the closest Recompression Chamber is to Austin? I am doing it for lake Travis. Thanks for the help.

The best source for chamber information is DAN.

Chamber availability is a moving target for many reasons and it is a good idea to stay up to date if you are doing staged decompression diving.

pipedope:
The best source for chamber information is DAN.

Chamber availability is a moving target for many reasons and it is a good idea to stay up to date if you are doing staged decompression diving.
Actually DAN will not provide Chamber information.

Here is a list, but it is always good to call ahead and check if they are still in operation.

ScubaDoc Chamber List for Texas

When I had a dive accident at Lake Travis, I went to the recompression chamber at HealthSouth next door to Brackenridge Hospital. They sent me there since they had a larger chamber. The staff was very good. The doctor from St Davids (Dr Gary Mailman) happened to be in the area that day and help with me accident. The reverse squeeze is hell. I looked on the net but did not see HealthSouth listed under hyperbaric medicine Below are some listing I found for the area.

St. Davids Hospital and Medical Center
Hyperbaric Unit
919 E. 32nd Street,
Austin, Texas 78705
(512) 397-4145

Brooks AFB
USAFSAM/FEH
Davis Hyperbaric Laboratory
2602 West Gate Road
Brooks AFB, TX 78235-5252 http://www.brooks.af.mil/web/hyper/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back