Recurring Rescue Diver Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dnaber

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thinking hard about going for my rescue diver certification next year. Is there any recurring training that is required after getting certified... like cpr, first aid? Thanks

I would suggest two courses be completed before you take rescue diver.

CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Healthcare Provider
Wilderness and Remote First Aid

Both by the American Red Cross. (you will have to call and ask for the second course, but it exists)

Thinking hard about going for my rescue diver certification next year. Is there any recurring training that is required after getting certified... like cpr, first aid? Thanks
There is no recurring training required after receiving a rescue diver cert.
It would be well advised to keep current on CPR and First Aid for obvious reasons.
We always invite past rescue students to partisipate in present courses as a refresher.

I was under the impression that CPR/AED & 1st Aide was a pre-req for the cert.
It is required for certification but I think some instructors offer it as part of the course. Or at least can make arrangements.

There is no expiration on my SDI Stress and Rescue but CPR/first aid has a 2 year expiration.

IMO Rescue should also be renewed. My course was 2 years ago and I know I would benefit from a refresher.

I was under the impression that CPR/AED & 1st Aide was a pre-req for the cert.
It is. And recurrent every two years. IMHO, the RD course should have recurrent training too.

PADI RD course requires CPR, etc. (EFR or something else that is accepted) as a prerequisite. Our shop told me I could do Rescue Course and later EFR when they offered it at that time--after which I would then receive my RD cert. From all that I have heard and read there is nothing ever required to keep any PADI certification, professional or otherwise. The 2 year CPR renewal may be (and I think usually is) a shop requirement for pros (DMs, since usually Instructors are required to have the EFR Instructor Cert., and they must keep that current by doing something once yearly). to keep working there. A shop/dove op can require anything they want if you want to work there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom