Red Sea Wildlife Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whale shark Gabr el Bint on 21st May here. And i was on holiday.

Whale shark Gabr el Bint on 21st May here. And i was on holiday.

Sweeeet...... and Crowley's had one too! Sounds like the action's hotting up!!!

I arrive into Marsa Alam on Wednesday :) Man, I cannot wait!

J

The Hammerhead I mentioned in my last post was actually a Great Hammerhead, not the usual scalloped variety. Seen first at Sodfa and then later at Far Garden...

Cooooooool!!!!!!!

False killer whale (Dahab southern oasis area). Also Risso's Dolphins and bottlenose (everywhere from Gabr El Bint north to Napoleon today).

Currently the Aquaba gulf is teeming with interesting stuff!

Thresher shark at Gordon Reef in Tiran today (out of Sharm el Sheikh). Witnessed preying on a trigger fish. A rare sighting indeed!

C.

Hi Crowley,

I'm planning to dive the Red Sea for 1 wk this July. I need tips on dive locations for unusual animal sightings, good accomodations, dive companies and above surface site-seeing. Can you help?
Thanks, Globetravelgirl

After a similar thread in my old Carribean forum I thought why not start one here? Asser - is it possible to make this sticky?

Sightings in the last few days:

Carcharninus Longinmanus (Oceanic White Tip) on the Thistlegorm 26 March
Silky Shark on the Thistlegorm 27 March
Manta Ray at Ras Umm Sid 29 March
Manta Ray at Shark/Yolanda 30 March
Bottlenose Dolphins (underwater) 30 March

... to name but a few....

C.
Mantas on Sid and shark/yolanda? :shocked2: Only seen eagles there myself. Granted I dont dive there all year round, but Tower-ish is the place Ive seen them every time Ive gone there.
Of course it had to be now that I couldnt take my spring trip to the red sea due to my ugly expenses while moving. NO FAIR!

On the bright side though, good thing they keep liking it there :D

We were in Sharm between May 2nd and the 23rd. Manta at Shark/Yolanda/Satalite and stayed with us for a good 20 minutes. This was however the best dive ever so much fish couldnt move for the amount that was there this was around the 20th May dive guide who is local and dives here alot was amazed he said he knew it would be good but this exceeded what he thougjht would be there. we dived around there the opposite way round and saw so much as the others dived the normal way and didnt see very much... turtles Napolean Angel so big i have never seen anything like them before. Absolutely the best dive ever even better than diving in an equarium..... Sharm Coast Diving are superb and i would recomend them to anone to use.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom