reef club cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loudives:
Reef Club had some problems about 6 years ago and corrected them with a new management team back then. People are still giving it a bad rap and they have not been there in the last few years. I've been going 2 a year for 6 years now and the place has gotten better every year.
Bfisher is right about the ribs, They built a new snack bar 2 years ago and introduced the ribs at the opening. Fall off the bone tender and a great sauce. I'll be there in Oct and can't wait to see the improvements made since Wilma. They had planned 2 million in upgrades be for the storm and combined it with the insurance pay out to redo much.

One thing they have done is made it much bigger.

We are vip members and yes the food sucks!
Sometimes its ok but for the most part it SUCKS!

I thought it was hard to $#@% eggs but they can

Hey Garret
We'll see you there. We're at the Reef Club Aug. 5 - 12
Steve

Went to the Reef Club in October of 2004 with some friends that go twice a year. I loved it! If you are expecting a 5 star resort, then you're probably not going to like it. But it was clean, the staff was friendly and the food was good. The food in the onsite Italian restaurant was awesome in my opinion. The main cafeteria was pretty good too. I think it was on par with large US Mexican chains. Yes, there are good restaurants in town which we did visit on a few occasions, but it is nice staying at an all-inclusive resort for those late night, and early afternoon snacks. There is always food available. For those hours when the main cafeteria was closed (usually for clean up after breakfast and lunch), there was a guy grilling burgers by the pool. He was usually there until midnight too, so we were able to grab a burger after coming back in from town. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again at all.

I just returned from the Reef Club (time share side). Aside from it being a slow time which caused some shifting of the eating choices, we loved it. The rooms were very nice and clean, the grounds were were beautiful and the staff was always polite and smiling.

The issue with the showers is still there. There are cycles (5 sec) of nice and comfy and scalding hot. But once you get the timing right, you can bob in and out. Its strange, usually there is no hot water but there, its the cold water that cycles out.

The is a smell issue near one of the complexes close to the snack bar but it didn't really bother us.

I hope to give a trip report soon of the week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom