Reefs,big animals, warm water in Caribbean ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Little Cayman is pretty good. It has abundant turtles, a fair number of reef sharks, nurse sharks, some eagle rays, good sized grouper and big southern sting rays.

There are places in the Florida Keys that have goliath grouper, large green morays, big barracuda, southern sting rays, nurse sharks and even some eagle rays. Just probably not all in the same place.

South Caicos is one of the best places to see large marine life: reef sharks and eagle rays. But it is not exactly set up for tourism.

I just want to second 2 ideas mentioned above. Sharks are COMMONLY seen in the Bahamas. Of 19 dives I have done there I saw sharks (usually reef sharks) on 9 of the dives. The night dive off the Big Island in Hawaii is probably the single best place for mantas in the world. You have about an 80% chance of seeing mantas on any given night.

Thanks for all replies ! Had a bit of luck with my wife, as she decided that she wanted to go on a live aboard after all, so we are scheduled and paid up for one week in Aug to the Galapagos !

Wow, sweet! Scoreboard baby, you better keep her! You wanted big stuff, you're gonna get it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom