refurbished digital camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ivansie

Reaction score
Hi all, I have done some research (this section of the board is great) and decided on getting my wife whos very interested in getting more seriously into UW photos a starter camera.

I am planning on getting her a digital camera from the start, that she could also use in land for regular photo opportunities. We currently have one but is only 2.5 MP and you cannot get a housing for it (is HP) so I was thinking on something in the 3.2+ MP not very complicated but with some zoom (preferably optical) and that you can get housing for it at a reasonable price is the way to go. I have read good things about some Sony, Canon and Olympus cameras in this category.

Are there any places where you can get a good refurbished camera like this but with some security in terms of warranty/service? that way I could try to get her something good without spending a fortune.

thanks in advance

ivan:wink:

I bought mine refurbished. I have an Olympus C-3020 and PT-010 housing. I bought the camera online through www.pricetool.com I just looked through all of the companies that were listed on their website till I found the deal that I was willing to take. I bought my housing at underwaterdigital from Allen who is a fellow board member here.

hope this helps

Wreck Ranger

I got a refurbished Olympus C4040 from Ebay with a 5-year extended warranty, and it works just like new. You can put the money you save from buying a refurb into the u/w housing.

Mike

WW

that housing the PT 010 seems to be the one for some of the cameras I have been looking at. Do you know aprox. how much it cost? I will check the pricetool engine.

thanks
ivan

If you've decided on an Olympus, check out their Olympus America eBay Store The cameras are refurbished from the factory with warranties included.

For those looking for one of the discontinued C-4040 models, this is a good place to start. I know several folks who have bought from here.

I got my factory refurbished Canon D30 on E-Bay. I've never had a problem with it. I would also consider giving B&H Camera a look. They're great people to work with and their prices are usually great.

www.bhphotovideo.com

sorry choked on my coffee! How much for a PT-10?!

Anyone know anything about the export/import buisness? Preferably between Japan and US - I think we could make a killing!!

Jonathan

sorry choked on my coffee! How much for a PT-10?!
I know. Now I order all my stuff directly from Japan from a good contact - about half the price.

hear is another place to check
adorma
like others said the houseing is expensive at underwater dig the houseing for oly 5050 is like 250 plus at adorma is like 159 so shop around

Back
Top Bottom