reg bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deonne21

Registered
Reaction score
ok im a new diver and i just got eqquipment (yay woopie jumping on couch :07: ) but i was wondering...do reg bags relly make a difference...and as a teen do i need one...what about something i can use as a reg bag but not spend so much money...and if i do need a reg bag can u gimmie some suggestions?...wow that was a lot if u can answer one or 2 of those (or all if ur a real sweetie!) id love it...cant wait to hear some feedback!

Deonne21:
ok im a new diver and i just got eqquipment (yay woopie jumping on couch :07: ) but i was wondering...do reg bags relly make a difference...and as a teen do i need one...what about something i can use as a reg bag but not spend so much money...and if i do need a reg bag can u gimmie some suggestions?...wow that was a lot if u can answer one or 2 of those (or all if ur a real sweetie!) id love it...cant wait to hear some feedback!

Here's the thing with reg bags - they let you keep your reg and computer / gauges out of the hands of the gorillas that might handle your bags.

Even if you don't travel to dive, chances are someone else is loading your bag onto the boat, onto a truck to get to a dive, etc, etc. It makes it real simple to keep that valuable piece of life support gear safe and close at hand.

Some people wrap it in their wet suit in the center of their bag for safety - that works, too. For me, I like the reg bag so I can keep the real small, fragile (sort of) and expensive stuff away from curious eyes and fat fingers.

That said - any padded bag will do. Or, just throw it in your back pack with your CD player and change of clothes. Reg bags are nothing special. Be sure to roll the hoses carefully so they lie coiled flat, and you can pretty much use any bag that won't crush the thing.

Enjoy.

K

Christmas is coming up. Put a regulator bag on you list. Can pick one up for around $30.00.
I have one and think it is a great idea to protect the contents. Remember the reg is YOUR life support system. You don't want it damaged
g

Congrats on the new equipment and the new certification! I think a reg bag is a good thing. You can dry your reg on a hook, but it is nice to put it away in a safe place out of the dust and dirt, after all it is your life support system and you need to know it has been treated well. I agree with Pink Fins.. it is a nice addition to that christmas list.

Hate to go against the flow
but i have a reg bag and never use it
I always have a wet bag with all the stuff i need in the order you set up
so since i dive a backplate and wing,regs are on top

Plus I never let anyone set up my gear
never had a bad thing happen to make me do this
just have a bond with the rig and always set up myself

dive safe

mark s

Guess I haven't done the luxury posh diving yet so can't imagine anyone setting up my kit for me! I'm with you on that one flounderboy, it's the same with trapeze artists, they set up their own rig, so they know it has been done correctly.

As for the reg, bag, I happened to get a free bag with a hairdryer and accessory set, which is PERFECT, it is padded, just the right size, and even happens to be a nice girly lilac!! Guess I am the only lass out there with a Revlon reg bag. :)

If money is an issue, see if you can improvise, but remember they are your life support, as has been mentioned a few times here, so a little TLC is in order.

The 'helpful" dive boat staff will try to setup your kit for you. I was like "Back away from the regulator.." He was a little shocked. My reg bag is also handy when I travel. I take it my computer & mask with me on the plane when I travel. These things I would rather not rent if they get delayed.

This thread brought to mind my recent experience diving in the Caribbean (where, due to the hurricanes, I was in and out of airport security numerous times).

As I had all my photo gear (including a new strobe) packed in my carry-on, I had carefully packed my reg (in its reg bag and padded by LOTS of clothes) in my checked suitcase.

You can imagine my joy to open the reg bag and find a note from the neo-Nazis at the TSA (Transportation Security Authority) explaining that they had "inspected" my bag. It was also obvious that since they didn't know how to repack the reg, they just stuffed it back into the bag. Sure enough, when I went to use it, it had developed a free flow of air.

My reg will now be travelling "somehow" in my carry-on with the photo gear. DIVERS - BEWARE!!!

Trish

Deonne you can buy flounderboy's and save a few bucks!!

Don't own my own regs as of yet but I am sure that I will pack them in a bag when I travel, and yes they will be in my carry-on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom