Reg mouthpiece causing pain...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just like anything else in the world that everyone seems to love, there are people out there who don't like the Seacure. I'm one of those people.

Its fine, no really huge complaints, I just don't like that once you mold it, it only fits comfortably in one exact position. Anything other than that position and it doesn't feel right. Which is fine for a short time, but if you end up having it in your mouth for a long time it just gets a little uncomfortable I think.

But that's just my opinion.

Just like anything else in the world that everyone seems to love, there are people out there who don't like the Seacure. I'm one of those people.

You and GUE, too! Not that it might matter to the OP, but SeaCure mouthpieces are not DIR-compliant.

Thanks to everyone for all of the great advice! I'm glad my first issue with my new sport and equipment is an easy and affordable fix...I'm sure I will have more costly ones in my future.

I'm new...please don't blast me but what is DIR compliant?

You and GUE, too! Not that it might matter to the OP, but SeaCure mouthpieces are not DIR-compliant.

Seriously? What is unsafe about them?

Seriously? What is unsafe about them?

Which reg would the Seacure mouthpiece go on?

Which reg would you donate in an air-share situation?

Right...

:D

Do not give DIR answers to non-DIR questions. :)

I'm with Jimmer, you already know you don't like the bridge so cut it off, that's what I had to do with mine. I wasn't experiencing any pain but I kept messing with the bridge with my tongue to the point of distraction from the rest of the dive. I looked like a dog with peanut butter stuck to the roof of its mouth.

Personally I would try a standard mouthpiece first, I like the silicone ones best. They are inexpensive and if you decide you would rather try the Seacure you can put the standard mouthpiece in your save-a-dive kit :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

Just wondering, but don't all AquaLung reg sets come with two mouthpieces? Every one I've bought has had a comfo-bite on it and a matching "standard" mouthpiece in the box with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom