Regulator brand poll

If you could only use one brand of regulator for the reast of your life, which one?

• Aeris

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Apeks

Votes: 62 21.2%
  • Aqualung

Votes: 50 17.1%
  • Cressi-Sub

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Gensis

• Mares

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • Oceanic

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Scubapro

Votes: 79 27.1%
  • Seaquest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sherwood

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • Tusa

• Zeagle

Votes: 33 11.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phoenix Royal Aqua Master.

N

Atomics are over engineered, and not in a good way. They have some neat features but they add complexity that is not really desireable in a regulator. They do of course have the appeal that goes with anything that is badly overpriced.

In terms of going the distance I have two thoughts:

The Scubapro Mk 5 has been around since the Mid 1960's is one of the most cloned regs ever made and offers a wonderful combination of performance, features and bullet proof reliability. The same can be said for the Mk 10.

Similarly, the Scubapro R109 Adjustable (and the later R156 Balanced Adjustable) is a solid design that has also been going strong for 40 years and if updated to BA standards and with the current s-wing poppet, breathes every bit as good as the current S600.

So...if it comes down to one singel hose reg for the rest of my life with limited parts availability, I'd take either a Mk 5 R109 or Mk 10 R156.

The same is true for the PRAM Nemrod mentions. The basic DA Aquamaster design is well made, well designed, requires little service and is very durable and relaible. When you add the Phoenix nozzle to it and get the resulting Phoenix Royal Aquamaster (PRAM), you get the same relaibility with updated Titan/Conshelf first stage parts, even better performance and the capability to support and octo, power inflator, dry suit inflator and SPG.

In 49 more years, when the DA Aquamaster design turns 100, I suspect it will be the only 100 year old reg that is still being used on a regular basis.

Apeks XTX-200. Tungsten or not. I love the solid Apeks reg.
Zeagle is my secondary reg. Love them both.
If I had to stay with one, and most I most likely will with mine, the Apeks is the dream reg.

With all due respect to DA Aquamaster (who I do respect and whose opinions and informational posts I value), I'll still cast like the thirteenth vote for Atomic. At this time, that puts it around third (but just barely above two others), and it wasn't even on the original list. Perhaps there should be a runoff of the top five or so.

I'll still cast like the fourteenth vote for Atomic. Remeber I was a Scubapro guy for 30 years until I got the T2.

15th vote for Atomic Aquatics - T2 is the best reg I've ever owned.

I can change poll entries if you'd like to replace one of the 0 entries with Atomic.

up to the OP, but i think we can combine Aeris+Oceanic in one entry as they're basically the same marketed under different brands. (maybe Tusa & SP as well but not sure)

Mares Abyss! No adjustment knobs or levers because it is a great reg at any depth.

Back
Top Bottom