Regulator Hoses Lengths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Is there a standard lenght among regulator manufactures on how long the primary and secondary hoses are when purchased new as a package? Also what lenght hoses are most commonly custom made and used?

Thanks,
bobby

Depends on the mfg but often the primary is around 28 inches and octo is 36 or 40. As for custom hoses you can get pretty much anything you want. The most common "custom" lengths I sell for the primary are 5 ft and 6 ft respectively to people who don't want a 7 foot on on long hose setups. Next are 40 inch for stage bottles. After that are 26 inch high pressure SPG hoses for bigger guys using hogarthian set ups that feel the std 24 inch is just a tad too short and a 30 too long.

I've also sold a few 24 inch LP hoses for the bungeed octo to guys who are barrel chested that have some trouble with the 22 inch that is most common for long hose configurations with doubles. Not many but I try to meet the needs of the individual whenever possible.

Thanks Jim, exactly the info I was looking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom