Regulator Necklace...how?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ForTheFight:
Ill give you my line of reasoning: I back mount the pony bottle, its a 40cf (so it can be used as a stage bottle too in other diving and it has plenty of capacity) its on my left with the reg on a shorter hose coming over my left shoulder onto the necklace (which I did figure out how to make BTW). I have my main tank and its reg and octo coming over on the right. This works for me in the following scenarios:
- Diver is OOA/Paniced/Confused and grabs my primary, since that hose is longer the panicked diver is away from me (granted closer than with a separate hand off pony). I can either look down to the necklace and use the pony or go for my octo. This gives me a benefit over handing off the pony, it preserves my access to two independent air sources.
- Solo diving my primary reg/tank/whatever fails: I have super easy access to the pony bottle's reg and air. A necklace is easier than undoing the bungee on a sling...IMHO
- I am stupid and run OOA myself: easy to get to pony reg
- In a highly unlikely and probably deadly entanglement situation: it is easier to get to the necklace than to a reg that is mounted further away....
QUOTE]

I agree with your reasoning.

ForTheFight:
I bought a pony bottle finally, and I have been playing with configurations, I think I want to try a necklace for the reg coming from the pony bottle, only problem is, i cant figure out how on earth you rig one...help?

Hi FortheFlight,

We could possibly help. We now make no-hassle regulaor necklace. Please feel free to click on the banner to the left fopr more details.

Any questions, let me know.

Thanks - Greg

Back
Top Bottom