Regulator service liability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with "scam". They tried to do the same thing to me when I did my OW a few years back. I had bought gear from a great shop before I left the mainland (was moving to Hawaii and it was much cheaper to buy gear on the mainland) after taking a discover scuba. When I got to Hawaii a month later I went to go take my OW at a shop that we all know and most loathe here on Oahu. I explained the situation to the shop owner and he said that I have to rent their gear or get it serviced. I explained to him it has never been in the water, is brand-new, showed him the receipt and even the regulator in the box (after which he was still not swayed). It came down to I simply told him that I can use my regs (train with what I will be diving) or I can take my business somewhere else. He said I would have to sign a wiaver (well, duh) and I could do it. The instructor was great (an independent that teaches for the shop when they need him), but the shop will never get my business again.

Point is, most people would stand-down and simply pay him so why not. I called his bluff and didn't pay for anything I didn't need or that wasn't required.

Take ALL your bussiness elsewhere and tell others the same. Shops like that ruin the sport and turn off people to doing bussiness with LDS.

Back
Top Bottom