Regulator Servicing...Oahu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a good place to take your oceanics and sherwoods is Aloha Scuba Divers. certified repair centers for both

While I was going over my equipment...I noticed my Atom 2.0 wrist unit was running low on battery...

Since I was in the Kapolei area that day, I figured I would go over to Da Kine Scuba and check them out...

It was kind of hard to find, but once there I spoke with John (I had previously met him while he worked at the Wainae OC shop), nice guy, nice shop

He hooked me up with a new battery...installed it properly...very professional. I would do business with them more if it were not so out of the way from where I live (Kaneohe)...

Thanks everyone for providing the info you did, I am sure any industrious individual will find the info very useful.

Brent

I noticed this thread was a little old, so I just wanted to verify that the above mentioned repair outfits are still in business. I have a couple of XT first stages and several XT second stages that need routine servicing.

I came across Da Kine Scuba Repair while searching online, but noticed that the website hasn't been updated since 2002.

Mikey is still in business as far as I know. Da Kine is not. You could drop it with us and we'll get it in the capable hands of Keoki:

Keoki's Scuba - Scuba Repair Services, Honolulu, Hawaii

Hope this helps....

G

Thanks for the quick response, Gabe. Does Keoki service Dive Rite gear? I followed the link you provided to check out his website, and Dive Rite wasn't mentioned as one of the brands he works on.

If you don't mind shipping it to the mainland, I am certified to do maintnence on dive rite and I keep most kits in stock so I have pretty decent turn around time. Gabe will vouch for me. You can pm me or email me at tanktest@gmAilcom if you would like more info.
Myles

Since May 2014, there has been a scuba service center at the Base Exchange on Schofield. Hours of operation are 9am to 7pm, there is someone there to check in your gear at that time, and the gear is serviced on site. If fact, we put the service center behind a glass wall so that if you really wanted to your could stick around and watch the techs work. There are two techs on staff there, Mark Savel and Steve Frances, both of whom are attending DEMA this year to refresh their brand specific tech certifications as well as pick up a few new ones (there will be no service available Nov 15th to Nov 22nd). Currently serviced brands are: Aqualung, APEX, Scubapro, Subgear, Oceanic, Hollis, Aeris, Sherwood, Genesis, and Cressi. After DEMA this year, so in Dec of 2014, we will be able to service Atomic, Mares and the full face masks from Ocean Reef.

The direct number to that shop is 397-5370. You can get there by googling: directions to base exchange schofield barracks. If you are non military you will need to go the the visitor process at Lyman Gate, no sponsor is required, but you will need a vehicle with all permits up to date. Turn around time for regulators is one week assuming parts in stock. Parts are in stock for modern regulators, older models may require us to order parts. Service is $105 for a first second and octo plus part kits used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom