Regulators for Tech Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And no one asked why someone with less then 25 dives would even think about taking a tech class :confused:

Just find a shop that can properly service your regs and go diving, enjoy the big ole blue.

From his OP he already owns a reg.
And if he only has 25 dives tech is a long way off still.

And he is dissatisfied with his current reg. Might as well get some good stuff early on....

And no one asked why someone with less then 25 dives would even think about taking a tech class :confused:

Just find a shop that can properly service your regs and go diving, enjoy the big ole blue.
My apologies fppf, I am sorry that I hadn't updated my profile as frequently as you may have liked, I'm actually heading close to the 100 dive range.

And even though I can go ahead right now and buy all the tech gear in one big shot without really being bothered by the amount, the point is that I was asking for advice on regulators and not critique on training courses and my experience and skills. I would appreciate the critique if you were giving to me as an instructor, but as far as I can see you are not an instructor and you also are not a tech diver (unless you use that Oceanic jacket BC on you deep dives) so I would prefer some feedback from people that are actually experienced in that field.

Perhaps in the future you could be so kind as to stick to the posted topic to prevent threads being hijacked and turning into a complete waste of everyone's time.

But thanks for your concern about my diving skills and experience level.

And just for the record, my diving experience is far more detailed in terms of dive planning and execution due to the fact that I work on sub-sea installation projects for the oil and gas industry. And I'm sorry to say that the dive planning and execution as well as problem mitigation emergency response along with decompression both in water and in saturation chambers, may well warrant a greater understanding of diving in general.

My apologies fppf, I am sorry that I hadn't updated my profile as frequently as you may have liked, I'm actually heading close to the 100 dive range.

And even though I can go ahead right now and buy all the tech gear in one big shot without really being bothered by the amount, the point is that I was asking for advice on regulators and not critique on training courses and my experience and skills. I would appreciate the critique if you were giving to me as an instructor, but as far as I can see you are not an instructor and you also are not a tech diver (unless you use that Oceanic jacket BC on you deep dives) so I would prefer some feedback from people that are actually experienced in that field.

Perhaps in the future you could be so kind as to stick to the posted topic to prevent threads being hijacked and turning into a complete waste of everyone's time.

And just for the record, my diving experience is far more detailed in terms of dive planning and execution due to the fact that I work on sub-sea installation projects for the oil and gas industry. And I'm sorry to say that the dive planning and execution as well as problem mitigation emergency response along with decompression both in water and in saturation chambers, may well warrant a greater understanding of diving in general.

Fair enough. But I have BP/W, 7 foot hoses and the likes. I just choose to dive what I want to dive in the environment I dive that day. I have no opinion on the 2 regs you are looking at.

And just because someone is not an "instructor" or "dive master" does not mean you should brush them off. Maybe they don't want to be an instructor or dive master, and maybe they might have more experience then some of the "instructors" and "dive masters" out there :wink:

For a relatively new diver you sure are a quick learner of the Scubaboard take down. 2 points...:thumb:

P.S. I love my Apecks Tec3's and XTX50 second stages. Comes that way as a complete package at a better price then cobbling together as pieces...

Last edited:
For a relatively new diver you sure you sure are a quick learner of the Scubaboard take down. 2 points...:thumb:

P.S. I love my Apecks Tec3's and XTX50 second stages. Comes that way as a complete package at a better price then cobbling together as pieces...

what's going on Scott:idk:

what's going on Scott:idk:

I posted this in another thread several minutes ago.

Got out today in Jupiter. A bit bumpy but 80ft vis and about 71 degrees. Hit some wrecks as there was zero current. Slipped on the boat deck landing on my forearm and little pinky. Pinky was doing a 35-40 degree dogleg from middle joint outward. The female DM freaked so I qucikly snapped back in place. Surprisingly it stayed put and functions....

Heading to Key West Friday and Key Largo Sunday for a training dive with Chris. You?
Sorry for the quick hijack OP!

ok i've narrowed it down now to either a scubapro MK17/G250V or MK17/S600.

from what i have read it seems that the G250V seems to be the veteran while the S600 is the new kid on the block. I've also read that the G250V has metal internal components which provide benefits for performance as well as making it a bit more "sturdy", however the S600 is smaller and seems to be a bit lighter.

Would someone please help me make up my mind?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom