Regulators on the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

Well, I am guessing 4 and 12....they aren't going to do any better until they get that bonehead Mike Brown out of the front office.

Marvin Lewis has more control than any other bengals coach in cincy history. 8-8 I'm hoping for this yr.

wb416 once bubbled...

I'm guessing that you probably don't want me to judge you or evaluate your skill level based on people that I've met and dove with that have similar or higher certs.... not a pretty picture nor an accurate indicator...

...just my 2 cents on badges...

Funny. I've not had the same experiences that quite a few on the board make generic claims about - that they've personally seen "so many instructors that are poor divers". I've met so many (many) instructors from at least 3 recreation diving organizations and 1 non (DIR) and I've never IME, seen proof of what you all are talking about. I'd just love to take the next person who makes a generic statement about the poor diving ability of a *all* scuba instructors they've *personally* witnessed and let them come over here and dive with all of the So Cal instructors I know and find just one for me so you can prove your point please! You crack me up. But on good faith I'll keep my eyes open and keep looking just for you. LOL. Don't get me wrong, I've seen things that make me laugh but when you compare a trained instructor as a pure diver to the vast majority of non-trained (to that level) divers with equal diving experience the rift is canyon-like at best.

DiverBuoy once bubbled...

Funny. I've not had the same experiences that quite a few on the board make generic claims about - that they've personally seen "so many instructors that are poor divers". I've met so many (many) instructors from at least 3 recreation diving organizations and 1 non (DIR) and I've never IME, seen proof of what you all are talking about. I'd just love to take the next person who makes a generic statement about the poor diving ability of a *all* scuba instructors they've *personally* witnessed and let them come over here and dive with all of the So Cal instructors I know and find just one for me so you can prove your point please! You crack me up. But on good faith I'll keep my eyes open and keep looking just for you. LOL. Don't get me wrong, I've seen things that make me laugh but when you compare a trained instructor as a pure diver to the vast majority of non-trained (to that level) divers with equal diving experience the rift is canyon-like at best.

Better yet come here where you can view dozens of instructors and hundreds of students in a single day.

I don't see the humor... nor do I see how your high-caliber experiences invalidate the ones I've experienced. Either you live life with "rose-colored" glasses or you're blessed with being surrounded by talented divers.

Don't patronize my experiences, there was nothing generic in my statement. I have very specific examples in mind, but they shall remain anonymous... I stated the experiences were mine, not yours... so don't be an a$$.

wb

You were the one who made the claims not me about how *many* with the *same* qualifications you've seen wear *that badge*. Please don't even tell me your comments weren't meant to be antagonistic. Listen, I isolated you, but my words are directed (and I mentioned that in my comments) at all the folks who simply don't have enough experience to pass such a general statement of judgment against *so many* instructors they've seen (or never seen for that matter).

I mean wasn't it you that said they've only dove with a couple of instructors?

Two instructors I've dove with

You were the one who made the claims not me about how *many* with the *same* qualifications you've seen wear *that badge*. Please don't even tell me your comments weren't meant to be antagonistic. Listen, I isolated you, but my words are directed (and I mentioned that in my comments) at all the folks who simply don't have enough experience to pass such a general statement of judgment against *so many* instructors they've seen (or never seen for that matter).

I mean wasn't it you that said they've only dove with a couple of instructors?

Two instructors I've dove with

A swing and a miss!

I think you should re-read the message and try to find the word only that you inferred.

That message you linked to is about two very good instructors that I would trust loved ones to. However, the context and background is missing because it wasn't directed to you, but rather NetDoc, and not meant for you to understand.

That's a pretty big leap to take with that link that I've only dove with two instructors, don't ya think?

Do you get confused easily?

wb

Back
Top Bottom