Relocating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gasdvr

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am relocating from the Charlotte NC (Lake Norman) to Oxford, NC. I dive at least twice a week. Tried 'googling' for a LDS, dive Quarry, or a dive club for the Oxford area, to no avail. Help, help...........any divers from that area who can point me to a good dive location??

The closest quarry to Oxford will be Fantasy Lake in Rolesville (website). They have a dive shop on site called Capital Scuba (website). There is also a dive shop in Durham, Water World (website).

As for dive clubs, I don't know of any particular local clubs. However, NCDivers (website) is a statewide group of scuba nuts (and some just plain nuts) who are always getting together to dive. You're going to find us at Fantasy Lake (and other quarries) nearly every weekend. You'll also find us jumping off perfectly good boats on a regular basis off the coast. Come check us out sometime...we'll make sure you get wet.

packman:
The closest quarry to Oxford will be Fantasy Lake in Rolesville (website). They have a dive shop on site called Capital Scuba (website). There is also a dive shop in Durham, Water World (website).

As for dive clubs, I don't know of any particular local clubs. However, NCDivers (website) is a statewide group of scuba nuts (and some just plain nuts) who are always getting together to dive. You're going to find us at Fantasy Lake (and other quarries) nearly every weekend. You'll also find us jumping off perfectly good boats on a regular basis off the coast. Come check us out sometime...we'll make sure you get wet.

Yep, like the Pack Man said.....caves, quarries, rivers, lakes, and wrecks. NCDivers do everything under the sun. Very wide mix of people there. Very nice, and lots of fun at the get togethers......Fantasy Lake is a major haunt of them hooligans.

Tom (PSSST. link to ncdivers in my sig line)

Hey Gasdvr, you won't have any problems finding somewhere to dive and people to dive with. We also tend to have most club dive get togethers at Fantasy Lake so keep your eye out for any threads so you can join us.

Mel

I gave you a list of every quarry within an hour of you on ncdivers.com. Even told you to contact me for a dive. I live equal distance from all the locations you are near.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom