Reminder - Always Personally test your Nitrox Mix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, you think shops screw up FO2 mixes to save money???

No - what I think is that most shops fill all the nitrox tanks together and all the air tanks together. It is far easier to mess up the mix accidentally than to put nitrox into an air tank. There is an order of magnitude difference in the level of error.

I think Awap makes 2 good points. Logically, if we test FO2 on nitrox tanks, we should be testing air tanks as well and also doing a Carbon monoxide analysis on everything. I would think few recreational divers actually do all that, I certainly don't.

I do that, actually. My wife does as well. The ONLY exception is for pool dives or SUPER shallow dives if we think we're diving air, are using personal tanks, and fills were from air-only fill stations....and even then it's rare that we don't analyze. It could've bent the crap out of me to not analyze once. I was promised nitrox 32 and given an air fill. 30 minutes of deco if diving 32% is what the dive called for. I'd be in bad shape if I hadn't analyzed. Add for CO, go to YouTube and look up MichaelAngelo Gagliardi's carbon monoxide speech. While you're at it, watch Edd Sorenson's complacency speech as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom