removing exhaust tee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finflipper49

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recieved my U.S. Divers metal second stage(78-33912) and taking apart to clean (light corrosion) before I attach to my first stage to have serviced. My problem is removing the exhaust tee. Inside the tee, there is a metal flange that appears to be part of the housing and does not look like it was meant to come off and I don't want to break it. Any ideas? Thanks, it's a learning thing for me but I really think I'm going to like these regs, not much to go wrong.

In order to remove the tee I often place the tee and the bottom half of the second stage (with all other parts removed) into water at about 200 degrees. Alternatively HOT soapy water. Wiggle gently but do not twist it off. Some of them (exhaust tees) including the Conshelf have a centering tab that will be torn if you twist.

Re-installing, place the tee in water and microwave it. Obviously that does not work the other way because of the metal parts. Once you have it hot, again with a bit of Dawn soap, and reaching though with your fingers, spread it and snap it over the bell plenum. Careful that you do not tear it.

You are correct, that metal part you see, the exhaust plenum, does not come off.

N

As Nemrod says is the way to do it.... personally I wouldn't risk it, it's just too easy to split the T.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom