Rental car recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saudio

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm headed to Cozumel on March 6 (fully vaccinated!) and it seems like the car rental company I usually use (Fox) is no longer in business.

Of the rental companies at the airport, are there any differences in price or service? Do you have a favorite?

Thank you.

Awfully glad to be diving again. I have not missed a full year of diving in 20 years.

I've used them all and I do not have a preference. Have a good time.

ISIS. Not at the airport. I pay $45 per day with a cash discount for manual transmission. That is fully insured. Sometimes it's a piece of crap, but when you see what the big boys charge you for the full coverage, it is crazy.

From a recent trip report..

Arrived about 1 1/2 hours late in Coz. got through immigration quickly no red light and no issues with medical form etc. Jumped in a taxi and had it drop us at rentadora isis for our car (1/2 the price of the others) and was totally pleased with the car and no hassle service. Paid cash got another 10% off.

+1 for Margarita & Rentadora Isis. No bait and switch, no hassle, no credit card info stolen. Less expense if you can drive a stick and yes, a discount for dollars. Plus they are really nice people.

Flyboy, you may want to amend your answer to include "I walked off the Airport property and then jumped into a taxi". Unless things have changed lately, the only way to leave the airport from the airport is via the official transport vans.

+1 for Margarita & Rentadora Isis. No bait and switch, no hassle, no credit card info stolen. Less expense if you can drive a stick and yes, a discount for dollars. Plus they are really nice people.

Flyboy, you may want to amend your answer to include "I walked off the Airport property and then jumped into a taxi". Unless things have changed lately, the only way to leave the airport from the airport is via the official transport vans.
I just pulled a quote from another thread..last December, we walked to the Taco stand and grabbed a taxi.

Diego's Tacos!!! Some of the best on the island.

I believe the Taco stand on hiatus, like a lot of places. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I know you can't get a taxi, but will they really stop you from walking out to get lunch? The town is literally a block away.

Green blotch at the top is where you walk out of the terminal.

Screenshot_20210305-163315.png

Back
Top Bottom