Rental properties in Key largo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoBlue!

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, all-

We have 6 adults & 2 kids (under 3 y/o) going to Key Largo in May. We're looking for condo/house/townhouse rental units. We wouldn't necessarily have to have us all in one unit, but if we split up, it will be 2 adults in one & 4 adults+2 kids in the other.

I've already emailed speargirl for info on her units. I'm looking for other recommendations as well!

Thanks,
Jim

Check out Ocean Pointe. It is a condo hotel at the south end of Key Largo, very close to Conch Republic.

Disclosure: I am an owner of one of the units

Jim, Ocean Pointe is nice but be aware...it's not in Key Largo. You'll see advertisments for it as a Key Largo property, but it's not. Don't know if you technically wanted to stay in Key Largo, or if you plan to use a dive op in Key Laro, but I just wanted you to know you'll have a drive (though not too bad) every day to get to the boat (again, if diving in Key Largo). If staying right in Key Largo is not a must, there are some good dive ops in Islamorada as well, such as the aforementioned Conch Republic. Again, not knocking Ocean Pointe, it's a really a nice place.

Check out Ocean Pointe. It is a condo hotel at the south end of Key Largo, very close to Conch Republic.

Ocean Pointe is real nice. My wife and I stayed there last May. I couldn't believe how nice it was considering the low rental rate.

As stated above, it is technically not in Key Largo. It is also very close to Conch Republic, whom I dove with while down there. Top rate outfit as well.

We have stayed in Ocean Pointe may times. It is a great place for a family. The property is gated and always felt very safe for the kids.

Not sure about the low rate part. guess we don't rent from the right owners. Think we paid $240 night or so last time for a 2 bedroom suite.

Mark

For those you who think Ocean Pointe is not in Key Largo, I suggest you read a map. Ocean Pointe is on the southern end of the island of Key Largo in a town called Tavernier, but definitely Key Largo and very close to everything you need.

Two things:

1) As someone who has stayed at Kawama, I can't recommend Becky highly enough. I don't really plan on staying anywhere else the next time I get down there.

2) I also must commend you on your great user ID and avatar! :D

For those you who think Ocean Pointe is not in Key Largo, I suggest you read a map. Ocean Pointe is on the southern end of the island of Key Largo in a town called Tavernier, but definitely Key Largo and very close to everything you need.

Sorry But Tavernier is NOT Key Largo Just like Tavernier is not Plantaion Key or Key West is not Big Pine. They are all in different areas and all have different zip codes.

The address of Ocean Point is: 500 Burton Dr. Tavernier,Fl 33070.

Tavernier 33070 is not Key Largo 33037.

I am glad I was able to help you with your address and location to where you live.:D

We stayed at Ocean Pointe at the end of November, not a luxury resort, but a very nice place. Very well kept and we enjoyed the pool/hot tub as well. They also offered a free, modest continental breakfast, which was all we needed before our morning dives.

The ten minute drive to Silent World didn't bother us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom