Renting steel 100's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EJQ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be spending a long weekend in Monterey and want to get in some diving. Any recommendations on where to rent steel 100's at a local dive shop?
Thanks.

Bamboo Reef on Lighthouse Ave. Also Breakwater Scuba which is even more convenient if you're diving the Breakwater. I would not recommend going to Glenn's Aquarius 2 (also on the Breakwater) - they have HP!00s but I've never had a good experience with them.
Depending on which weekend you're here, you may have to call quite early in the week to reserve them and make sure they're held for you.

If you're heading down via the San Jose area, Diver Dan's or Any Water Sports are also excellent options (and more likely to have HP steel tanks available than the Monterey shops). They'll all rent from Friday (or earlier) thru Monday.

If you go to Dan's, ask for a Tanks a Lot Card, which will effectively get you two for the price of one.

I rented steel 100s from Diver Dans last weekend and Dan mentioned they are his most popular tank now. He's just ordered 30 more ;-) Many shops seem to run out on popular weekends requiring you to call and reserve. At least that's been my experience these last few years. I didn't know about the Tanks a Lot Card though. Appreciate the heads up on that one. They are $20 per tank otherwise(Wednesday -> Monday rental period). Otherwise, I usually use Aquarius on Del Monte if in Monterey before I can pick them up in Santa Clara.

I called Diver Dan. He doesn't reserve tanks. First come, first served!

You could also try Aquarius dive shop on Del Monte. They are not related to Glenn's. The staff are friendly and they have a good stock of tanks.

Thanks for the tip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom