Rescue course this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why should you get rescue certified?

Because I am. Why does that matter? Well, it's just fair. We could end up at some resort one day looking for a buddy. If we do, I can maybe save you if there's a problem. (In which case, you must buy me a beer.) But if I have a problem, then what? Not only might I die, but... you will not get your thank you beer.

Everyone should eventually take the rescue course. Same way I think anyone who participates in any real outdoors stuff, (camping, kayaking, whatever), should have at least CPR training and ideally Standard First Aid as well.

Scott

scotty,

my instructors were pretty quick to inform us that now, not only because we were rescue certified, but because they saw my whole class was strong & capable & reliable that they'd be happy to dive with us for fun.
For real fun dives, not the ones that they are scheduled to lead through the LDS.
Of course I know the one instructor well & this cert. doesn't change things with him (i've been invited on a few fun dives with him... that just haven't worked out), but it made me really think about who I want to dive with. The guys in my class I got along with quite well & felt VERY comfortable with the one I was usually buddies with. We seem to share a similar attitude about diving & dive safety.
Now there are things I still have to improve upon (NAVIGATION!) but I think I'll be more selective about who I broadcast my need for dive buddies to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom