Rescue Diver's Chime in please.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvr4lyf

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm getting ready to do skills next week!!! Yeah! Just wanted to know from all others who have taken this course what the most difficult part was for you? I'm starting to get a little nervous honestly! I do a fair amount of biking (20miles at a time each weekend) but have been stuck in this freakin' office this spring. Thinking of maybe postponing my class until I can get some more time to excerise! Not in bad shape by any means, but don't want to hold up the class.

Any input is appreciated!

Don't delay it. Go for it :)

I would make sure not to go all out on the first 2 scenarios... just experience it and go with the flow.

Best of luck, I'm sure it will be an eye opener!

Bjorn

The most difficult part for me was dragging a pretend-unconscious 200 lb guy in through the surf.

Go for it.

Turtle Diver:
The most difficult part for me was dragging a pretend-unconscious 200 lb guy in through the surf.

Go for it.
I wrecked my back for 5 months hauling a guy out of the water. Still, it was a great class. Go for it!

Definitely try to do some strengh exercises for your back muscles. I was regularly lifting weights and deadlifting several hundred pounds, and the Rescue course was still a tiring experience that put stress on my back.

dvr4lyf:
I'm getting ready to do skills next week!!! Yeah! Just wanted to know from all others who have taken this course what the most difficult part was for you? I'm starting to get a little nervous honestly! I do a fair amount of biking (20miles at a time each weekend) but have been stuck in this freakin' office this spring. Thinking of maybe postponing my class until I can get some more time to excerise! Not in bad shape by any means, but don't want to hold up the class.

Any input is appreciated!

having just done my checkout dive yesterday - don't wait. I was SO nervous on the way there. I keep thinking that I didn't remember anything and I was going to bomb. All in all it went well. The class and pre-dive session in the pool all kicked in when it came time to doing the actual rescues.

Worst part: My instructor brought along as a victim a guy my size (6'2", 245#) but about 10 years younger. I brought my daughter. That was a laugh.

Go for it, don't worry about holding up the class, you wont .. It was, as everyone told me it would be .. the hardest, funest, most rewarding thing I've done
You'll surprise yourself at what you can do :D

The most difficult part for me was doing the final search and rescue in 2 feet viz. The only clue the instructor gave was the last time she saw the "victim" she was in about 10 feet of water. This was in a cove that didn't exceed 10 feet and probably covered 30 acres.

The search wasn't difficult, but not finding the "victim" within 30 minutes was a bit disappointing.

I did not have any problems with the class. In you are in shape, it sounds like you are in good shape, you should have no problems.

Back
Top Bottom