Resort in cozumel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ditto the Iberostar. We've been there 2 of the last 3 years (last year we went to Iberostar in Playa) and have two kids. Lots to do for family members and the dive sites are close by (10 minutes by boat). One word of caution however, Dressel Divers are awful. Too big, too expensive, and too uptight. My recommendation is to use another dive op and they will pick you up at the dock. I use Blue Angel and they are great. You can e-mail to set up reservations or call when you arrive at the Iberostar. The only negative to the Iberostar is the distance to town which is about 20 miles. A couple of points: 1. Rent a car at the Iberostar and drive in or take a taxi (about $20 U.S. each way. In my opinion, San Miguel doesn't have much for kids that are your childrens ages. It's neat but can be very touristy. If you do rent a car, go to the other side of the Island and have lunch at Coconuts. It's beautiful there and the food is great. Have a great trip. Also, visit MapChick.com and get a map with fun stuff to see while there. It is very helpful.

:10: Ihave stayed at the Hotel Cozumel (Formerly called Brisas) five times in the past three years. It is a good place for kids because of the huge (safe) swimming pool, some programs for kids and proximity to town (a 20 minute walk). Bay Adventures.com has a good deal right now. Ask for Felix who also can give you a very good price on air. They have an all-inclusive program which includes three meals (mostly steam table), room , diving etc. The food is not fancy but they always have plenty of fresh fruit and veggies. Drinks are included in the package. The shore diving is minimal. The dive service (Dive Paradise) has always been good for me. I have over 1200 dives all over the world and would rate them as very good, safety conscious and instructive. Happy diving ! The Professor

The Professor:
:10: Ihave stayed at the Hotel Cozumel (Formerly called Brisas) five times in the past three years. It is a good place for kids because of the huge (safe) swimming pool, some programs for kids and proximity to town (a 20 minute walk). Bay Adventures.com has a good deal right now. Ask for Felix who also can give you a very good price on air. They have an all-inclusive program which includes three meals (mostly steam table), room , diving etc. The food is not fancy but they always have plenty of fresh fruit and veggies. Drinks are included in the package. The shore diving is minimal. The dive service (Dive Paradise) has always been good for me. I have over 1200 dives all over the world and would rate them as very good, safety conscious and instructive. Happy diving ! The Professor

Hey, Professor....just wanted to let you know. We had used Bay Adventures to book several trips to Cozumel, then we found Funjet. Al and Felix are great, but it is a better deal with Funjet so that means more pesos for the next trip! You can book the air through them, also, but we usually book ours through Continental and get a better deal.

mbeerski:
Cozumel is great and my wife loves it too. Last time we stayed at the Reef club and it was ok. The reason is that the club is partially a "time share" so they try to sell you the tour all the time.
Does the Iberostar have a dive shop onsite? If so how is it? Does it cater to novice or more experienced divers? Are they strict in terms of dive planning?

The onsite dive op is Dressel Divers. I feel they are geared more toward the newbie divers. I don't think experienced divers would enjoy their routine.

Their dives end at 45 or 50 minutes even if everybody still has plenty of air. We have climbed back on board the boat with 1400psi still in the tanks. The divemasters overall are pretty good. They do find things to look at and they do keep a watchful eye on the newbies. The better divemasters will let you dive your own dive as long as you keep them within sight.

My opinion is they are good for the novice divers. Not so good for divers with 50+ dives.

My wife and I will be diving with them again starting Nov 7th for a week. 6 days of 4 dives a day. And maybe a night dive or two.

Eat, Sleep, Dive!

Ron in SoCal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom