Restaurant Finds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, especially when the prices are all arbitrarily set in the first place. Another thing is that a lot of people in here that live in the US complain about the way things "should" work on Cozumel, as if the rules we are used to should apply to them. Their country, their rules, such as they are.

Any time an economically disadvantaged region becomes an international tourist destination there will be metaphorical osmotic pressure for money to move from one side of the economic membrane to the other; it is unavoidable. You go there, you deal with it in whichever way you choose. I choose to be reasonably diligent against scamming but to not sweat the small stuff. YMMV

Seems to me that a lot of Americans like to travel to foreign countries, as long as they are Americanized. Want American? Vacation in America.

Just read some of the reviews. A lot of great reviews, however , I always find it amusing when people are irritated about waiting 20 minutes for the check. I remember waiting over half an hour at Carlos and Charlie’s in Cancun, because my waiter was outside in the conga line.

Many people don't know that it is considered impolite to bring the check before you ask for it. If you sit there and expect them to notice you're done eating and just bring the check, you might be sitting awhile.

Many people don't know that it is considered impolite to bring the check before you ask for it. If you sit there and expect them to notice you're done eating and just bring the check, you might be sitting awhile.

I ask, then, in the saddest face I can muster, ask why they didn’t invite me to the conga line.

Idk the address, it's just north of Soriana on 30th Ave, about calle 6.
Thanks. Works better to search them in Google Maps than to search the address from the website, which is not really an address, but where they are in general. It's not too far north of El Pique, between c2 and c4.

Seems to me that a lot of Americans like to travel to foreign countries, as long as they are Americanized. Want American? Vacation in America.
What gets me is all the places on Cozumel that have loud American/British music blaring all the time; are they just trying to make the tourists feel at home? If I wanted to feel at home I would have stayed there. :D

So, on Saturday, the 9th? my buddy and I took a cab to Buccanos. Oddly, it was closed. Can Coz folks let me know how their "flexible" schedule works??

So, on Saturday, the 9th? my buddy and I took a cab to Buccanos. Oddly, it was closed. Can Coz folks let me know how their "flexible" schedule works??
It's only open at night; was it during the day when you went? We always make reservations when we go to Buccanos.

It's only open at night; was it during the day when you went? We always make reservations when we go to Buccanos.

Nope. It was about 6 pm.

Nope. It was about 6 pm.
The on line information I found (they have a couple of URLs but no websites on them) says that they do not open until 6PM; perhaps you got there a little early or they opened a little late? At any rate, I recommend always making a reservation when you plan to go to Buccanos.

We've been there in the day like around 2pm. I think it's the indoor restaurant that's only open at night.

Back
Top Bottom