Restaurant Finds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

La Conchita del Caribe on Avenida 65 Sur between Calle 13 & 15. Taxi driver recommended this place & I had an excellent lobster dinner there recently.
We have been going here for years, it's amazing!

We certainly will in the future!
They will also prepare your catch anyway you like

Mostly same old stuff but found this while looking for something else. Has more pictures and descriptions than we would list here.

[11 Must-Try Cozumel Restaurants | Best Bars & Restaurants In Cozumel].

What I was actually looking for was a new place called The Juan and Only. Corner of Primera (Calle 1) and Ave 15 in el Centro. The waiters were wearing T-shirts that said Dial 9-Juan-Juan. Tacos were quite good, but place was little upscale (and pricey ) relative to the usual local taco places. Kind of like a well decorated bar feel as opposed to a hole in the wall (not that there’s anything wrong with hole in the walls ). Bottom line is several relatively picky ex-pats and I all liked it , but closer to US prices than Mexico prices. Just something a little different to add into the mix if you want something different. Think they had a fairly full bar but wasn’t paying that close of attention. I think they are like a block and half from Otates/Tacotales if you don’t like the vibe at The Juan and Only.

Another place that doesn’t get mentioned too often La Inombrable. Upscsale steak place opened about 3 years ago I think on Melgar next to Le Chef. Steak entrees are usually very good , but Ribeye aguachile appetizer is incredible.

What I was actually looking for was a new place called The Juan and Only. Corner of Primera (Calle 1) and Ave 15 in el Centro. The waiters were wearing T-shirts that said Dial 9-Juan-Juan. Tacos were quite good, but place was little upscale (and pricey ) relative to the usual local taco places. Kind of like a well decorated bar feel as opposed to a hole in the wall (not that there’s anything wrong with hole in the walls ). Bottom line is several relatively picky ex-pats and I all liked it , but closer to US prices than Mexico prices. Just something a little different to add into the mix if you want something different. Think they had a fairly full bar but wasn’t paying that close of attention. I think they are like a block and half from Otates/Tacotales if you don’t like the vibe at The Juan and Only.
Haven't been on the island for 6 weeks, but we found the food to be ---- uh ----- unremarkable and the music was obnoxiously loud. Portion sizes were on the small side, and yes, expensive. Doubtful that we'll return.

Otates/Tacotales was very good at one time.

Edit to add: Pozole is still pretty good at Tacotales.

By far the best restaurant on the island (not biased, I promise) is Arabian Tacos. Ran by a fantastic family, great price, and unbelievable taste. I usually down about eight tacos de arrachera slathered in their habanero sauce.

Good to hear a review of Juan and Only. It had been on my list of places to try. I can now scratch it off. I'm not interested in a US-priced place catering to tourists in Cozumel. One of the reasons I go there so often is for the abundance of great food at local places for local prices. That's really hard to find at other Caribbean destinations.

By far the best restaurant on the island (not biased, I promise) is Arabian Tacos. Ran by a fantastic family, great price, and unbelievable taste. I usually down about eight tacos de arrachera slathered in their habanero sauce.

On seeing this I realized that this is one of the places we've visited the most. Their food is excellent, and I crave their quibis bola (or their new kibbet lakteen, vegetarian kibis stuffed with pumpkin). They really care a lot about their food and it shows. There's hardly anywhere I'd order grape drink, but they grow their own grapes to make it. Same with the stuffed grape leaves. Their garlic sauce is amazing and their lentil and chard soup is tasty and comforting.

That said, if I go by how many times we've eaten at a restaurant, it'd certainly be La Choza. Fantastic, inexpensive daily specials (go to their Facebook page around 1 PM to see what it's going to be), greqt breakfast, and a nice place to go out for supper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom