Restaurant Finds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neither haute cuisine nor traditional Mexican, but Smash Box Burger right next to Hotel Barracuda makes a pretty darn good burger and fries if you are looking for something quick before or after an afternoon or night dive -- they are open late and take credit cards.

Also near Hotel Barracuda, Del Norte Tacos & Grill has good basic Mexican food at reaonable prices. They are also open late and are cash only.

Neither haute cuisine nor traditional Mexican, but Smash Box Burger right next to Hotel Barracuda makes a pretty darn good burger and fries if you are looking for something quick before or after an afternoon or night dive -- they are open late and take credit cards.

Also near Hotel Barracuda, Del Norte Tacos & Grill has good basic Mexican food at reaonable prices. They are also open late and are cash only.

Both good choices. One does eventually crave a good burger after being on the island long enough, and Smash Box Burger is my current favorite. Good fries, as well.

Both good choices. One does eventually crave a good burger after being on the island long enough, and Smash Box Burger is my current favorite. Good fries, as well.
We much prefer Faro Burger on 2nd between 15 & 20. We appreciate the dill pickle chips on the side. Excellent milkshakes.
Closed on Wednesday's.

El Callejón de La Diez. Great outdoor food court with a common seating area with fans and pretty lights at night. You sit and each stall will bring you their menu. We ordered from the vegan stall. I highly recommend it. They had traditional Mexican dishes with soy or gluten meat. I got the Sopes de “bistec” on handmade blue corn tortillas. My daughter got the tacos de canasta both were incredible! There is only one stall that serves drinks so you order from 2 different locals if you get drinks. Other stalls’ menus include: traditional Mexican dishes (Pambazo, huarache, quesadillas, etc); Italian; burgers; there’s also guy selling handmade ice cream who’ll stop by to give you free samples. Great ambiance - feels like a pop-up style market. Good prices. It’s on Avenida 10 between 3 and 5 Sur.

Also Coral Restaurante on 10th between Juarez and 2 Norte. It’s a great vegan restaurant with traditional Mexican dishes/street food: pambazos, gorditas, etc. I got the gorditas de “chicharrón” prensado - delicious, I highly recommend; and my daughter got the pambazo - really good.
It’s on the second floor and the sign is easy to miss - we walked right by it at first. It’s actually inside the Hostel.

We haven't been to La Cocay since April. It was on our top 10 list if not top 5. We were underwhelmed. I don't recall that we had any specific complaints, it just didn't impress as it had always done. It was not the service. Maybe the kitchen just had an off night???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom