Restaurants in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stortecky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for what are some the more budget restaurant in Bonaire. I am not looking for anything fancy but places that I can eat for 5-15 dollars a person. I guess just share all of your favorite cheap place to eat.

Thanks

Suggest you ask this on the Bonaire talk website. They can also give you better directions :)
I eat at a variety of local spots because they're local and reasonable. Antriol Catering and Divi Divi in antriol my favorite place, good food good price and really like Louis aka Luigi
Rose Inn in Rincon.

There is Liza's which is take out from her house. Liza cooks Surinamese food out of her house on weekends. Her house is on Kaya Chipewa off Kaya Amsterdam near Bonaire Super Store.

There are two Columbian places Mi Banana on Nikiboko Nord and El Fagon latino can’t remember the name of street but its main street that leads to Wind surfing area. Maiky Snack off a dirt road on the way to wind surfing area too.

Carcineria Latina's Sat. take away BBQ is great deal but its just chicken or ribs. Right past El Fagon latino and down a side street. As I said ask on Bonaire talk or I’ll have to look at a map.
I am sure there are many more.

Don't forget Pasa Bon Pizza. They are pretty cheap, especially if you have a couple folks to feed.

I recommend the grill for 2 at Casablanca's.

They are right on the main road at the bend where it heads off from the shore towards the stadium on the way to the airport. It is alittle more pricier than your $15 per person limit but is cheaper in the long run. You get 2 sirloin steaks, 2 sausage links, lamb, 2 pork chops, a slab of ribs and a whole chicken plus salad, rice, bread and baked potatoe. We ate our fill at the restaurant and then took the left overs to our room and bought salad fixins and baked beans from the grocery store and ate 2 more days off it. So it turned out to be quite the bargan!!

Pasa Bon Pizza (Wed to Sun 5-11pm) , BobbeJan's (Fri, Sat, Sun open at 6pm and Sunday for lunch), El Fagon, China Nobo, Carnecera Latina roasted chicken (Sat morning beginning at 10am), Buenas Aires Cafe, Julio's. You can also get good sandwich meats at Warehouse and good bread at Exito to make your own sandwiches.

I recommend the grill for 2 at Casablanca's.

They are right on the main road at the bend where it heads off from the shore towards the stadium on the way to the airport. It is alittle more pricier than your $15 per person limit but is cheaper in the long run. You get 2 sirloin steaks, 2 sausage links, lamb, 2 pork chops, a slab of ribs and a whole chicken plus salad, rice, bread and baked potatoe. We ate our fill at the restaurant and then took the left overs to our room and bought salad fixins and baked beans from the grocery store and ate 2 more days off it. So it turned out to be quite the bargan!!

Dinner for 2??????? all that food looks like dinner for 6-8 people. But it sound interesting.

What we do is eat breakfasts and lunches in our condo. That way our food budget allows us to spend more for dinner. However, I don't think we ever spent more than $60 for dinner, including drinks and tip.

This year we're going to definitely go to Casablanca for the mixed grill so we have lunches for 4 days afterward! :wink:

My personal favorite for dinner was Cactus Blue. It usually ranged 20-35 dollars US for dinner. That usually depended on how many drinks we had.

Every restaurant we tried was great though. CB was just my favorite.

El Fogon Latino is on Kaya Nikiboko Zuid. It's about a 5 minute drive from the church in the center of town. Check the location of the road on the free maps they give out with the rental vehicles. This restaurant is inexpensive and the food is really good.

The Rose Inn in Rincon is also inexpensive, good food and you get a lot of food for the money. However, I believe they're only open for lunch.

My favourite restaurant is Plazita Limena in town. Not inexpensive, but you'll likely have leftovers because the portions are large. Their ceviche is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom