Restaurants Review with Pictures from May Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't usually eat nachos much but most, if not all, of the restaurants I frequent, seem to set them out for free. If you try more of the restaurants from about 15 Ave. and east, I think you'll find them served almost as you are being seated.

Those are chips & salsa, not nachos. Nachos are smothered with heart attack inducing, artery clogging cheese, onions, meat, jap-a-lenos, etc...

(We will give you a free pass on that one since you're Canadian.)

One thing I find interesting is how diversified the salsas are in Cozumel. From one restaurant to another the salsa can vary quite a bit, from watery to thick, to onions or not, to spicy hot or mild.

(somebody needs to start a new thread about your favorite Cozumel salsa now)

Oooo I like the way you are thinking........combo that thread for Salsa's and Guac!!!!!!!!!!

And for visual reference, nachos:

cimg2555.jpg

MMM...not being a wise a$$ just wanted to correct the spanish... should be la cuenta. la quinta would get the OP something different.

I had to run that by the missus, and she tells me you are right. Personally, I still want to ask for la quinta:

EckTequila.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Brules, I am not sure what those are.... THESE are nachos:

Coz022012 025.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Interestingly enough, as the missus was pointing out my terminal gringoness, she also gave me another OHHHHH moment:

Kinta is like Quinta with a K, as in the K of Kris the owner and it is on 5th Avenue, so the name is where it is. Did ANYONE else get that?

logo.png

Those are chips & salsa, not nachos. Nachos are smothered with heart attack inducing, artery clogging cheese, onions, meat, jap-a-lenos, etc...

Ah yes, you are correct but I can't let my Canadian status give me a miss. Here in Canada we call them tortilla chips (to distinguish them from potato chips...or "crisps" as they are called elsewhere) and salsa. But my answer applies to the OP's comment which WAS about chips and salsa.

Uhhh... what does being Canadian have to do with that? I suppose you assume we all live in igloos as well? :p

Ah yes, you are correct but I can't let my Canadian status give me a miss. Here in Canada we call them tortilla chips (to distinguish them from potato chips...or "crisps" as they are called elsewhere) and salsa. But my answer applies to the OP's comment which WAS about chips and salsa.

Here in Canada I call 'em chips and salsa. Just sayin' :)

Thanks for all the pics, gave me a few ideas for dining out next week :)

...on a side note, personally, I'd never try to bargain down a deal at a restaurant I'm trusting with my food, on an island or at home. Just my opinion though...

MMM...not being a wise a$$ just wanted to correct the spanish... should be la cuenta. la quinta would get the OP something different.
Thanks. I knew this once upon a time but obviously it didn't stick. May NOW I'll remember!

Uhhh... what does being Canadian have to do with that? I suppose you assume we all live in igloos as well? :p

but we do don't we? that's what makes us cool :cool2:

Well of course you don't, you live in Toronto. Everybody knows that Montreal is where they all live in igloos.

I hope I spelled Montreal correctly. I don't have time to spell check it, I'm right in the middle of deep frying something, then I have to go clean all my guns.

Shouldn't you have typed that ^ in French? It is French Canada right? :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom